Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    It's the right version, no idea about the OpenGL version...
    I too have this issue. Running HD 3000 sandy bridge on 13.10 saucy, but no OpenGL 3.3:

    OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-2d5f21b saucy-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-2d5f21b saucy-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

    $ dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-core
    ii xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s amd64 Xorg X server - core server

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jayman488 View Post
      I too have this issue. Running HD 3000 sandy bridge on 13.10 saucy, but no OpenGL 3.3:

      OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-2d5f21b saucy-oibaf-ppa)
      OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
      OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-2d5f21b saucy-oibaf-ppa)
      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

      $ dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-core
      ii xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s amd64 Xorg X server - core server
      i spoke with Paul Berry last night on irc and he told he that geometry shaders are not done yet on sandy bridge.
      http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/046150.html

      so it is unfortunately working correct

      Comment


      • I'm very unhappy that all precise deb packages were totally removed. Ubuntu precise is LTS release supported by 2017. Because of that now I'm preparing new PPA repository for daily precise builds. But instead of creating dsc packages locally, I will use launchpad recipes and launchpad mirror vcs support, so everything will be created and compiled automatically on launchpad server. When PPA is ready I will write. Later (in december) I maybe look at radeonsi support...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by El_Presidente View Post
          i spoke with Paul Berry last night on irc and he told he that geometry shaders are not done yet on sandy bridge.
          http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/046150.html

          so it is unfortunately working correct
          What does this actually mean to a layman? I have a i5 2405s and the main use is mythtv.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by pali View Post
            I'm very unhappy that all precise deb packages were totally removed. Ubuntu precise is LTS release supported by 2017. Because of that now I'm preparing new PPA repository for daily precise builds. But instead of creating dsc packages locally, I will use launchpad recipes and launchpad mirror vcs support, so everything will be created and compiled automatically on launchpad server. When PPA is ready I will write. Later (in december) I maybe look at radeonsi support...
            Awesome! If you need any help in testing I will be more than happy to assist.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tiredoffglrx View Post
              Awesome! If you need any help in testing I will be more than happy to assist.
              New PPA is here: https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/graphics-drivers

              It contains daily builds of libdrm, mesa and xorg radeon driver.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by pali View Post
                New PPA is here: https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/graphics-drivers

                It contains daily builds of libdrm, mesa and xorg radeon driver.
                Nice. You may want to consider offering updated libvdpau and linux-firmware packages.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pali View Post
                  New PPA is here: https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/graphics-drivers

                  It contains daily builds of libdrm, mesa and xorg radeon driver.
                  I'm sorry for asking noob question, can I use mplayer with vdpau acceleration after i install this ppa? I use elementary OS ( buntu 12.04 based ) my hardware is amd c50/radeon 6250. Or any detailed instruction furthermore?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wheelloader View Post
                    I'm sorry for asking noob question, can I use mplayer with vdpau acceleration after i install this ppa? I use elementary OS ( buntu 12.04 based ) my hardware is amd c50/radeon 6250. Or any detailed instruction furthermore?
                    You need updated linux-firmware package for vdpau playback. I will push it to my PPA later.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pali View Post
                      New PPA is here: https://launchpad.net/~pali/+archive/graphics-drivers

                      It contains daily builds of libdrm, mesa and xorg radeon driver.
                      Xorg driver for intel would be great too.


                      bajo

                      Comment


                      • @bajo, @wheelloader:

                        New recipes for intel xorg driver and linux firmware packages were created. Just wait until launchpad start creating, building and compiling packages...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DanL View Post
                          Nice. You may want to consider offering updated libvdpau and linux-firmware packages.
                          Isnt libvdpau from precise-update repository enough? What exactly you need (and why)?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pali View Post
                            @bajo, @wheelloader:

                            New recipes for intel xorg driver and linux firmware packages were created. Just wait until launchpad start creating, building and compiling packages...
                            can you add the instructions and requirement? or I just install all that in ppa n mplayer ready for vdpau acceleration?
                            btw, thank you so much

                            Comment


                            • I have this driver installed with Mint 16 on my laptop and wondering if there's a way to switch between two gpus easily? With kernel 3.12.1 I can't switch between the two GPUS. One is a HD 4250 and the other is HD 5430. Was working with kernel 3.11.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by wheelloader View Post
                                can you add the instructions and requirement? or I just install all that in ppa n mplayer ready for vdpau acceleration?
                                btw, thank you so much
                                just add PPA to system and for vdpau install 3.11+ kernel (e.g package linux-image-generic-lts-saucy from precise-updates)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X