Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by fritzls View Post
    LAtest oibaf updates ( ones today)..

    Still;

    "...
    [ 11.907] (II) intel(0): SNA compiled: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.905+git1311050907.a0d1de~gd~s (Oibaf <fmrummey@gmail.com>)

    ..."

    "...
    [ 18.768] (EE) AIGLX error: i965 exports no extensions (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)
    [ 18.769] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    ..."
    Did anyone get this errors resolved? I tried the packages for 13.04 (raring) which were build on 15. Nov. and still get this errors.
    My processor is a Haswell i5-4200U.

    Should this work or is this the expected behaviour?

    Thanks.
    bajo

    Comment


    • You need to use saucy. raring PPA is missing the updated xserver, it has a lot of other packages due to libwayland transition and raring will end support on january anyway, so I'll also drop it soon.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        You need to use saucy. raring PPA is missing the updated xserver, it has a lot of other packages due to libwayland transition and raring will end support on january anyway, so I'll also drop it soon.
        @oibaf: Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately I can not upgrade higher than 13.04 for now, as i have to use ROS which does not provide packages for 13.10 yet.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          Adobe flash does not make use of any hardware accelerated APIs by default. You can force flash to use VDPAU in some cases, but your chips does not have the necessary hardware to accelerate it.
          let's say that chips have this hardware. How to enable it?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Annik View Post
            let's say that chips have this hardware. How to enable it?
            IIRC, if you have vdpau driver support, edit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and add

            OverrideGPUValidation=1
            EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1

            Comment


            • @oibaf

              I have an Lenovo T420 (Sandy Bridge HD 3000) Notebook.
              If i get the news on Phoronix correctly my notebook should show Opengl 3.3 or at least Opengl 3.2 Profile.
              But i only get one Opengl 3.1 Profile and below that an Opengl 3.0 Profile Output.

              Im just using your ppa, no others. Where is the error (or is that as desired?)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by El_Presidente View Post
                @oibaf

                I have an Lenovo T420 (Sandy Bridge HD 3000) Notebook.
                If i get the news on Phoronix correctly my notebook should show Opengl 3.3 or at least Opengl 3.2 Profile.
                But i only get one Opengl 3.1 Profile and below that an Opengl 3.0 Profile Output.

                Im just using your ppa, no others. Where is the error (or is that as desired?)
                This is probably because you are using the raring packages. I deleted them, now the only supported version is 13.10 saucy. Better to have only one supported version than supporting older buggy packages which I don't have time to test and maintain.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                  This is probably because you are using the raring packages. I deleted them, now the only supported version is 13.10 saucy. Better to have only one supported version than supporting older buggy packages which I don't have time to test and maintain.
                  well im running saucy (13.10)
                  shall i purge your repo and install again?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by El_Presidente View Post
                    well im running saucy (13.10)
                    shall i purge your repo and install again?
                    Which xorg server are you running?
                    Code:
                    dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-core

                    Comment


                    • ii xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s amd64 Xorg X server - core server

                      Comment


                      • here is the latest version of glxinfo (updated with your 2 hour old update)
                        http://pastebin.com/kRg3hTPA

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by El_Presidente View Post
                          ii xserver-xorg-core 2:1.14.3-3ubuntu2+gd~s amd64 Xorg X server - core server
                          It's the right version, no idea about the OpenGL version...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                            IIRC, if you have vdpau driver support, edit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and add

                            OverrideGPUValidation=1
                            EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
                            This works with youtube on my A8-5500/AMD 7560D (better than on nvidia ironically) but crashes the plugin on many (most) other sites (just as with nvidia before). The VDPAU implementation was a half assed effort by Adobe anyway.

                            PS. If you need specifically youtube hd, you are much better off with 3rd party youtube watchers (found in xbmc, umplayer etc) which support proper hardware accelerated playback.
                            Also, in my experience the Firefox plugin works much better than the Google one (which doesnt seem to like any kind of hardware acceleration with radeon/mesa, be it 3d or 2d with mesa resulting in no webgl and tearing fullscreen playback).

                            Comment


                            • I was very sad to see that you dropped support for Precise but I can understand how the backports were a huge additional overhead. I am wondering, though: Is there any way to get the latest Precise packages you still backported or are they gone forever? (I had updated my system with your PPA in mid-october but disabled the PPA after that. I'd love to be able to get the latest Mesa build that still supported Precise).

                              Thanks again for all your effort!

                              Comment


                              • Well, I found the reason of no cursor in 3D-things I wrote before. It was a MATE. In Unity is everything is ok. But what the hack just happened after two last updates? Performance reduced (5000fps vs 1800fps on glxgears). And permanently blinking mouse cursor. And no cursor in 3D again. May be asking in the wrong thread, but how can I downgrade drivers?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X