• Show
Clear All

• HTML Code:
    cat dmesg.mmstick | grep -i glamor
    [     6.279] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
    [     6.280] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module glamoregl
    [     6.280] (II) UnloadModule: "glamoregl"
    [     6.280] (II) Unloading glamoregl
    [     6.280] (EE) Failed to load module "glamoregl" (module does not exist, 0)
    [     6.318] (**) RADEON(0): Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
    [     6.318] (EE) RADEON(0): glamor requires Load "glamoregl" in Section "Module", disabling.
    Did You install "glamor-0.5-1~git20130313" package?
    Last edited by frosth; 07-17-2013, 02:17 PM. Reason: typo...

Comment

• What's the apt-get syntax for that? apt-get install glamor just says unable to locate package.

Comment

• i don't use ubuntu, but try: "find / | grep -i glamoregl" - it always work.

or just install it(glamor package) from launchpad

Comment

• I ran sudo apt-get install glamor* and saw xserver-xorg-video-glamor and after rebooting it finally works. However, it does not work with kernel 3.11-rc1, back to llvmpipe, which I really want to get running thanks to all the radeonsi patches inside.

Comment

• Back on kernel 3.8, and now I'm faced with the age old problem before. There is no S3TC texture support, so I can't launch any Source games.

Comment

• i don't know why.. but maybe you didn't get latest firmware ?
              http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/radeon_ucode/

your Xlog said that you need files for "TAHITI" Chip

in my case firmware for radeon is here: /lib/firmware/radeon/, i hope ubuntu didn't change that in other case.. use google
              ... or "find / | grep -i TAHITI" to find the right place.

and at last, for DPM use "radeon.dpm=1" as a boot parametr.

Comment

• mmstick@mmstick-PC:~$ ls /lib/firmware/radeon | grep TAHITI
                TAHITI_ce.bin
                TAHITI_mc.bin
                TAHITI_me.bin
                TAHITI_pfp.bin
                TAHITI_rlc.bin

Considering this is Ubuntu 13.04, and those files are last year, it's safe to say these are up-to-date as well.

Comment

• Okay I saw that smc.bin and uvd.bin wasn't there so I wgetted them and now I can get graphics rendering in kernel 3.11-rc1 and source games now launch...HOWEVER... all the text is corrupted and after a map loads the game crashes. The same is also happening with kernel 3.8. Something is borked.
                  Last edited by mmstick; 07-17-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Ubuntu is not up-to-date distro too much. Especially when you install 3-days-old-kernel

RadeonSI driver works for many apps/games, but many features is still missing.

best regards

Comment

• This ppa resolves all the up-to-date issues by itself. By many I assume you mean pretty much none because I've never been able to get radeonsi to have acceptable performance in anything more than a simple 2D indie game, which is barely passable. Source games are still unplayable because all of the text on the main menu in CSS, DODS, TF2, Portal, L4D2, etc. you name it is corrupted. As soon as you launch a map/game it crashes to desktop.

Comment

Working...
                      X