Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    Thank you, I'll try to do that. The problem is I'm not sure if my graphic card hd4890 uses mesa drivers, radeon, radeonhd, xf86-video-ati...
    I'm lost and there is no component in the combo box to refer r700 graphic cards.

    Could you help me with that?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by rreina View Post
      Thank you, I'll try to do that. The problem is I'm not sure if my graphic card hd4890 uses mesa drivers, radeon, radeonhd, xf86-video-ati...
      I'm lost and there is no component in the combo box to refer r700 graphic cards.

      Could you help me with that?
      Run:
      Code:
      glxgears -info
      if you see mesa somewhere you will know this is the right place, the select Drivers/Gallium/r600 in the combo box. And anyway I am distributing only mesa drivers.

      Comment


      • Hi,

        I have been using your ppa on Ubuntu 12.04 and it has been great. Thanks for the effort. But after today's upgrade I can longer start Unity 3d or Gnome-Shell. As a result I purged the ppa and it is back to normal. Please look into it, thanks.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          Run:
          Code:
          glxgears -info
          if you see mesa somewhere you will know this is the right place, the select Drivers/Gallium/r600 in the combo box. And anyway I am distributing only mesa drivers.
          Thank you. I've reported the bug and they are working on it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bowser View Post
            Hi,

            I have been using your ppa on Ubuntu 12.04 and it has been great. Thanks for the effort. But after today's upgrade I can longer start Unity 3d or Gnome-Shell. As a result I purged the ppa and it is back to normal. Please look into it, thanks.
            Hi, there is no magic in my PPA, I just provide what's currently in upstream projects, open a bug here if you want to see it fixed:
            https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa

            Comment


            • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              Hi, there is no magic in my PPA, I just provide what's currently in upstream projects, open a bug here if you want to see it fixed:
              https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa
              Hi,

              I need some help in filing the bug report, what should I put in the "component" box? The version is git, correct?

              Thanks.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                Hi, there is no magic in my PPA, I just provide what's currently in upstream projects, open a bug here if you want to see it fixed:
                https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa
                Hi, I need some help in filing the report. What should I put in the "component" box? The version is git, right?

                Thanks.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bowser View Post
                  Hi, I need some help in filing the report. What should I put in the "component" box? The version is git, right?

                  Thanks.
                  The version is git, post the output of
                  Code:
                  glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                  to know what's your driver/component.

                  Comment


                  • amd e-450 mpeg2 and h264

                    Thanks for your work in providing your ppa. I have a little nettop that has the amd e-450 chip with radeon 6350 hd chip. processor is dual 1.6. This is dedicated to mythtv frontend and hopefully xbmc. after installing your ppa with the vdpau acceleration, using vdpau in both myth and xbmc i get a much lower processor rate, but frame rate of less than half of what the material is. in myth it is all mpeg2, mostly at high def. in xbmc i have a lot of h264. the h264 at higher definition is not playable.

                    using the amd fglrx with xvba, xbmc with xvba compiled in, the h264 acceleration works very well and all is playable at less than 20 per cent cpu however the mpeg2 is not as good and i get a little bit of tearing on the mpeg2 hd on myth and about 15 per cent higher cpu, mostly around 70 per cent on the mpeg2 hd.

                    are there any settings or anything else i can do to get the vdpau acceleration on the mpeg2 to work, and is there any settings i can make to get h264 to play better.

                    currently i am using xorg edgers ppa because the mpeg2 was slightly better than this ppa (oliaf). after putting that in there is no libg3dvl so i could not check the vdpau. i installed a lib3gdvl package from ubuntu, but it crashed the video in vdpau.

                    this is on mythbuntu which is ubuntu 12.04 with a kernel supplied by xorg edgers (3.5 series). any help from anyone who can give any advice on settings or alterations to get these things working would be most greatly appreciated.

                    Comment


                    • So by installing this package I get the latest open source drivers? This works for AMD and Nvidia drivers as well? Everytime I run the command "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" I will get the latest drivers?

                      Also does this include the latest features enabled, like ATI Hyper Z and other stuff I've seen in phoronix benchmarks?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X