No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphical glitches since last update (LLVM for r600)

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    Mesa in the PPA now uses LLVM compiler for the r600 driver.
    First, thank you oibaf for your excellent work about packaging those drivers to provide an easy to use ppa.

I'm using it for several month now with an AMD radeon HD 6950 (2GB). I can play lots of games with good fps (even unigine oil rush is running fine in medium details in 1920x1200).

But, unfortunately, since the last update (where mesa in the ppa uses llvm for r600), I encounter severe graphical glitches for every 3D application (2D desktop and videos are fine).

Here is a screenshot of glxgears :

I'm currently using ubuntu 12.04 64bit, unity 2D. Below are some glxinfo :

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAYMAN
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-6404095 precise-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

I tried to revert to original distribution packages, wich solve the rendering problem, but cause performance and compatibility problems of course...

So I brought back the ppa and the faulty rendering is still here.

Have you got an idea to diagnose this problem ?

Comment

• after the last dist-upgrade: HON in wine crash after a game starts on the map

means graphic in the lobby works but not on the playmap...

??,

Edit: ok after setting all settings to low the game dit not crash maybe i can find the option what makes it cash

i found the option : Display Foliage

this option crashes the game
      Last edited by Qaridarium; 06-06-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
        after the last dist-upgrade: HON in wine crash after a game starts on the map

means graphic in the lobby works but not on the playmap...

??,

Edit: ok after setting all settings to low the game dit not crash maybe i can find the option what makes it cash

i found the option : Display Foliage

this option crashes the game

i can't play a full game without crash the oibaf ppa is broken for hon right now.

it just crashes randomly...

now i tryed the openGL renderer instead of the directX one now it does not crash.

means the bug is a wine/directX bug with the radeon driver ..

Comment

• Hi oibaf. Can you please include "Don't wait on a CRTC which has been disabled via DPMS (bug #49761)" ati commit in your next update?

Thank you.
          Last edited by schnelle; 06-06-2012, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            i can't play a full game without crash the oibaf ppa is broken for hon right now.

it just crashes randomly...

now i tryed the openGL renderer instead of the directX one now it does not crash.

means the bug is a wine/directX bug with the radeon driver ..
            it just take longer to crash... is this a VRAM memory leak ?

HON is broken with oibaf on my hd4770 right now..

plesse update the ppa

Comment

• I have exactly the same problem, all the games crash with this ppa .... flash crash too

Comment

• Originally posted by schnelle View Post
                Hi oibaf. Can you please include "Don't wait on a CRTC which has been disabled via DPMS (bug #49761)" ati commit in your next update?

Thank you.
                It's building now.

Comment

• r600 LLVM support has improved recently so the bug may also be fixed in git. If not I can disable it. However I cannot build mesa due to a recent bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=50604 . If it get fixed before friday I'll push a newer mesa, else you should wait until July since I am going on vacation . (I have no time to do other workarounds currently).

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    r600 LLVM support has improved recently so the bug may also be fixed in git. If not I can disable it. However I cannot build mesa due to a recent bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=50604 . If it get fixed before friday I'll push a newer mesa, else you should wait until July since I am going on vacation . (I have no time to do other workarounds currently).
                    ok i dist-upgrade again and played 6 minutes alone on a map no crash then i joined a real game with other heroes then the game dit crash...
                    means the bug isn't fixed with the new files from today.

some shaders crash the LLVM compiler.. maybe its better to disable it before you go into your vacation...

Comment

• i uninstalled the ppa now waiting for fix then i will retry it

Comment

Working...
                      X