Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    Any news about updating?

    is it possible to use this updating on all of ubuntu distro previous 12.04
    Unfortunately no, it is no longer possible to package current drivers on older Ubuntu.

    obliaf how can you update all the necessary dependencies?! and if the latest are curretly 8.04 version why you named them 8.1?! thanks for your patiance
    8.1 is the mesa version (current git is 9.1), not Ubuntu version.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      Unfortunately no, it is no longer possible to package current drivers on older Ubuntu.



      8.1 is the mesa version (current git is 9.1), not Ubuntu version.

      how is it possible we cannot use them? what's happened? in terms of speed in confront of 7.10 version I'm using on UBUNTU 11.04, what benefits mesa 8.1 offers?

      I apply the Sapphire HD3850 AGP Opengl 2.1 featuring:

      666 million transistors on 55nm fabrication process
      AGP 4X/8X bus interface
      256-bit GDDR3 memory interface
      Ring Bus Memory Controller
      Fully distributed design with 512-bit internal ring bus for memory reads and writes
      Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support
      Shader Model 4.1
      32-bit floating point texture filtering
      Indexed cube map arrays
      Independent blend modes per render target
      Pixel coverage sample masking
      Read/write multi-sample surfaces with shaders
      Gather4 texture fetching
      Unified Superscalar Shader Architecture
      320 stream processing units
      Dynamic load balancing and resource allocation for vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders
      Common instruction set and texture unit access supported for all types of shaders
      Dedicated branch execution units and texture address processors
      128-bit floating point precision for all operations
      Command processor for reduced CPU overhead
      Shader instruction and constant caches
      Up to 80 texture fetches per clock cycle
      Up to 128 textures per pixel
      Fully associative multi-level texture cache design
      DXTC and 3Dc+ texture compression
      High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192)
      Fully associative texture Z/stencil cache designs
      Double-sided hierarchical Z/stencil buffer
      Early Z test, Re-Z, Z Range optimization, and Fast Z Clear
      Lossless Z & stencil compression (up to 128:1)
      Lossless color compression (up to 8:1)
      8 render targets (MRTs) with anti-aliasing support
      Physics processing support
      Dynamic Geometry Acceleration
      High performance vertex cache
      Programmable tessellation unit
      Accelerated geometry shader path for geometry amplification
      Memory read/write cache for improved stream output performance
      Anti-aliasing features
      Multi-sample anti-aliasing (2, 4, or 8 samples per pixel)
      Up to 24x Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing (CFAA) for improved quality
      Adaptive super-sampling and multi-sampling
      Temporal anti-aliasing
      Gamma correct
      Super AA (ATI CrossFire™ configurations only)
      All anti-aliasing features compatible with HDR rendering
      Texture filtering features
      2x/4x/8x/16x high quality adaptive anisotropic filtering modes (up to 128 taps per pixel)
      128-bit floating point HDR texture filtering
      Bicubic filtering
      sRGB filtering (gamma/degamma)
      Percentage Closer Filtering (PCF)
      Depth & stencil texture (DST) format support
      Shared exponent HDR (RGBE 9:9:9:5) texture format support
      OpenGL 2.0 support
      ATI Avivo™ HD Video and Display Platform
      Dedicated unified video decoder (UVD) for H.264/AVC and VC-1 video formats
      High definition (HD) playback of both Blu-ray and HD DVD formats
      Hardware MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and DivX video decode acceleration
      Motion compensation and IDCT
      ATI Avivo Video Post Processor
      Color space conversion
      Chroma subsampling format conversion
      Horizontal and vertical scaling
      Gamma correction
      Advanced vector adaptive per-pixel de-interlacing
      De-blocking and noise reduction filtering
      Detail enhancement
      Inverse telecine (2:2 and 3:2 pull-down correction)
      Bad edit correction
      Two independent display controllers
      Drive two displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls and video overlays for each display
      Full 30-bit display processing
      Programmable piecewise linear gamma correction, color correction, and color space conversion
      Spatial/temporal dithering provides 30-bit color quality on 24-bit and 18-bit displays
      High quality pre- and post-scaling engines, with underscan support for all display outputs
      Content-adaptive de-flicker filtering for interlaced displays
      Fast, glitch-free mode switching
      Hardware cursor
      Two integrated dual-link DVI display outputs
      Each supports 18-, 24-, and 30-bit digital displays at all resolutions up to 1920x1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI)
      Each includes a dual-link HDCP encoder with on-chip key storage for high resolution playback of protected content
      Two integrated 400 MHz 30-bit RAMDACs
      Each supports analog displays connected by VGA at all resolutions up to 2048x1536
      Integrated AMD Xilleon™ HDTV encoder
      Provides high quality analog TV output (component/S-video/composite)
      Supports SDTV and HDTV resolutions
      Underscan and overscan compensation
      MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, WMV9, VC-1, and H.264/AVC encoding and transcoding
      Seamless integration of pixel shaders with video in real time
      VGA mode support on all display outputs
      ATI PowerPlay™
      Advanced power management technology for optimal performance and power savings
      Performance-on-Demand
      Constantly monitors GPU activity, dynamically adjusting clocks and voltage based on user scenario
      Clock and memory speed throttling
      Voltage switching
      Dynamic clock gating
      Central thermal management – on-chip sensor monitors GPU temperature and triggers thermal actions as required
      Some custom resolutions require user configuration
      HDCP support for playback of protected content requires connection to a HDCP capable display.
      Last edited by Azrael5; 09-24-2012, 06:52 AM.

      Comment


      • arma2-free crash with a black-screen on the current radeon driver with the oibaf ppa.

        a hard reset is needed.

        is there any suggestion to fix that problem ?

        Comment


        • Looks like...

          Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
          arma2-free crash with a black-screen on the current radeon driver with the oibaf ppa.

          a hard reset is needed.

          is there any suggestion to fix that problem ?
          Looks like if you have been hit by more or less the same bug as I did. As for me I had to revert to default Ubuntu drivers temporarily since current version could lockup GPU in unrecoverable manner while running OpenGL games and it's quite easily reproducibe, unfortunately. GPU would not recover: after recovery attempt the very same problem happens immediately so GPU recovery happens every 10 seconds without any real success.

          Comment


          • This was already reported in previous post. A fix was committed and I just updated the PPA, packages will be ready in a hour.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              This was already reported in previous post. A fix was committed and I just updated the PPA, packages will be ready in a hour.
              It still crash the only difference is now it does not need a hard-reset now I can restart in the console .

              The desktop turns into a useless every 10 second crash and recovery mess.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                It still crash the only difference is now it does not need a hard-reset now I can restart in the console .

                The desktop turns into a useless every 10 second crash and recovery mess.
                You should open a new bug or add a comment here if you want to be fixed.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                  You should open a new bug or add a comment here if you want to be fixed.
                  I take some pictures with my camera and started the game in the console for the error messages:

                  "fixme:d3d:state_zfunc d3dcmp_notequal and d3dcmp_equal do not work correctly yet"
                  "EE r600_shader.c:5092 TGSI:endif - if/endif unbalanced in shader"
                  "Warning: R600 LLVM backend does not support indirect adressing. Falling back to TGSI backend "
                  "Fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                    I take some pictures with my camera and started the game in the console for the error messages:

                    "fixme:d3d:state_zfunc d3dcmp_notequal and d3dcmp_equal do not work correctly yet"
                    "EE r600_shader.c:5092 TGSI:endif - if/endif unbalanced in shader"
                    "Warning: R600 LLVM backend does not support indirect adressing. Falling back to TGSI backend "
                    "Fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8"
                    With here I don't mean this forum, but the link under it :
                    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=55217

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                      With here I don't mean this forum, but the link under it :
                      https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=55217
                      its only because I’m tired in join yet another forum/bug-report platform.

                      Comment


                      • I see the brightness of the gears constantly alternating between dark and bright
                        Last edited by Jam66es; 09-26-2012, 07:53 AM.

                        Comment


                        • I prefer to compile a snapshot on my own

                          Comment


                          • Ubuntu 12.10

                            Anyone got to install those drivers successfully on Ubuntu 12.10?
                            I would appreciate if anyone could inform if any change is need to be added or removed into the installation instructions at the OP.
                            Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by erickwill View Post
                              Anyone got to install those drivers successfully on Ubuntu 12.10?
                              I would appreciate if anyone could inform if any change is need to be added or removed into the installation instructions at the OP.
                              Thanks!
                              They are not intended to be used on 12.10. I'd hope to provide packages for 12.10 also when and if I'll find the time.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                                They are not intended to be used on 12.10. I'd hope to provide packages for 12.10 also when and if I'll find the time.
                                It would be awesome! Appreciate your work and efforts!

                                Thanks!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X