Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • the drivers wont work on precise anymore, cause they depend on the virtual package xorg-video-abi-11
    but the xserver on xorg-edgers only provides xorg-video-abi-12 and 16

    Comment


    • Originally posted by unknown2 View Post
      downloaded and tested ok. i will not update my system for a while

      i hope that developer will not ask me to test any more workaround
      Hi oibaf.

      the developer provide a fix now.

      http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...31cd66d1b53e23
      https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45880

      Can you rollback the virtual address workaround and merge the fix? thank you

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pali View Post
        Hi, multiarch version (i386) of your packages on x86_64 system not working. Here is ouput from i386 glxinfo:

        Code:
        $ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose ./glxinfo
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
        libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: radeon_surface_init)
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
        libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
        libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
        libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so
        libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_enable_imaging_extensions)
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
        libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
        libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
        libGL error: driver pointer missing
        libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
        libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
        ...
        OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
        OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x209)
        OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-c565ff6 oneiric-oibaf-ppa)
        OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
        ...
        I have correctly installed both 64 and 32bit packages, 64bit version working, but 32bit not.
        Does reverting to official ubuntu packages work?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by questioneer View Post
          the drivers wont work on precise anymore, cause they depend on the virtual package xorg-video-abi-11
          but the xserver on xorg-edgers only provides xorg-video-abi-12 and 16
          Updated packages are building now, try in a hour.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by unknown2 View Post
            Hi oibaf.

            the developer provide a fix now.

            http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...31cd66d1b53e23
            https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45880

            Can you rollback the virtual address workaround and merge the fix? thank you
            Updated packages are building now, try in a hour.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              Updated packages are building now, try in a hour.
              thanl a lot. i will report to upstream developer

              Comment


              • I just updated today, and I too notice the i386 package not working on an x86_64 system. Same output from i386 glxinfo...

                Originally posted by pali View Post
                Hi, multiarch version (i386) of your packages on x86_64 system not working. Here is ouput from i386 glxinfo:

                Code:
                $ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose ./glxinfo
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
                libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: radeon_surface_init)
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
                libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
                libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
                libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so
                libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_enable_imaging_extensions)
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
                libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
                libGL error: driver pointer missing
                libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
                libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
                ...
                OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
                OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x209)
                OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-c565ff6 oneiric-oibaf-ppa)
                OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
                ...
                I have correctly installed both 64 and 32bit packages, 64bit version working, but 32bit not.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by unknown2 View Post
                  thanl a lot. i will report to upstream developer
                  the developer provide another fix. Can you merge it? thank you.

                  https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45880
                  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...8b3ca4c58076be

                  Comment


                  • I've just tested stock Ubuntu mesa with the X drivers from your PPA, and it hasn't produced a crash yet, so it seems it's mesa git that is the cause of this.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by unknown2 View Post
                      It's in the PPA now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                        It's in the PPA now.
                        thank a lot. The bug is fixed.

                        I wil report to upstream developer

                        Comment


                        • doom3/quake4 are segfaulting

                          Using this PPA (I just updating the packages less than an hour ago) with kernel 3.3.0-rc5 on amd64, I'm getting a segfault in doom3 (I get the same thing in quake4). Am I doing something really bone-headed here to cause this?

                          Here's some of my info (I get the same issue with OpenGL2.1 too):

                          glxinfo | grep -i opengl
                          OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                          OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV770
                          OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-c5e6460 oneiric-oibaf-ppa)
                          OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                          OpenGL extensions


                          DOOM 1.3.1.1304 linux-x86 Jan 16 2007 21:58:02
                          found interface lo - loopback
                          found interface wlan0 - 172.16.0.10/255.240.0.0
                          ------ Initializing File System ------
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/game00.pk4 with checksum 0xf07eb555
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/game01.pk4 with checksum 0x51c6981f
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/game02.pk4 with checksum 0xf3ec6f7
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/game03.pk4 with checksum 0x5d4230ea
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak000.pk4 with checksum 0x28d208f1
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak001.pk4 with checksum 0x40244be0
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak002.pk4 with checksum 0xc51ecdcd
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak003.pk4 with checksum 0xcd79d028
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak004.pk4 with checksum 0x765e4f8b
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak005.pk4 with checksum 0x8ffc3621
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak006.pk4 with checksum 0x95b65ab
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak007.pk4 with checksum 0x666bdb3c
                          Loaded pk4 /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak008.pk4 with checksum 0x23ae5993
                          Current search path:
                          /home/hiryu/.doom3/base
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak008.pk4 (3 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak007.pk4 (38 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak006.pk4 (48 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak005.pk4 (63 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak004.pk4 (5137 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak003.pk4 (4676 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak002.pk4 (6120 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak001.pk4 (8972 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/pak000.pk4 (2698 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/game03.pk4 (2 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/game02.pk4 (2 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/game01.pk4 (2 files)
                          /usr/local/games/doom3/base/game00.pk4 (2 files)
                          game DLL: 0x0 in pak: 0x0
                          Addon pk4s:
                          file system initialized.
                          --------------------------------------
                          ----- Initializing Decls -----
                          ------------------------------
                          ------- Initializing renderSystem --------
                          using ARB renderSystem
                          renderSystem initialized.
                          --------------------------------------
                          5206 strings read from strings/english.lang
                          Couldn't open journal files
                          execing editor.cfg
                          execing default.cfg
                          couldn't exec DoomConfig.cfg
                          couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
                          5206 strings read from strings/english.lang
                          ----- Initializing Sound System ------
                          sound system initialized.
                          --------------------------------------
                          ----- R_InitOpenGL -----
                          Setup X display connection
                          dlopen(libGL.so.1)
                          Initializing OpenGL display
                          Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
                          DGA DirectVideo Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
                          Free86-VidModeExtension Activated at 640x480
                          libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
                          libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
                          libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
                          libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
                          Using 8/8/8 Color bits, 8 Alpha bits, 24 depth, 8 stencil display.
                          GL_RENDERER: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV770
                          GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_ATIX_texture_env_combine3 GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays

                          ------- Input Initialization -------
                          XKB extension: compile time 0x1:0x0, runtime 0x1:0x0: OK
                          XKB extension present on server ( 0x1:0x0 )
                          ------------------------------------
                          dlopen(libasound.so.2)
                          asoundlib version: 1.0.24.1
                          Alsa is available
                          ------ Alsa Sound Initialization -----
                          opened Alsa PCM device default for playback
                          device buffer size: 5461 frames ( 21844 bytes )
                          allocated a mix buffer of 16384 bytes
                          --------------------------------------
                          ...using GL_ARB_multitexture
                          ...using GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
                          ...using GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
                          ...using GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
                          ...using GL_ARB_texture_env_add
                          ...using GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
                          ...using GL_ARB_texture_compression
                          ...using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
                          ...using GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
                          maxTextureAnisotropy: 16.000000
                          ...using GL_EXT_texture_lod
                          ...using GL_1.4_texture_lod_bias
                          X..GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette not found
                          ...using GL_EXT_texture3D
                          ...using GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
                          X..GL_NV_register_combiners not found
                          ...using GL_EXT_stencil_two_side
                          X..GL_ATI_fragment_shader not found
                          X..GL_ATI_text_fragment_shader not found
                          X..GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object not found
                          ...using GL_ARB_vertex_program
                          ...using GL_ARB_fragment_program
                          X..EXT_depth_bounds_test not found
                          ---------- R_NV20_Init ----------
                          Not available.
                          ----------- R200_Init -----------
                          Not available.
                          ---------- R_ARB2_Init ----------
                          Available.
                          ---------------------------------
                          ----- R_ReloadARBPrograms -----
                          glprogs/test.vfpsignal caught: Segmentation fault
                          si_code 1
                          Trying to exit gracefully..
                          Shutting down sound hardware
                          ----------- Alsa Shutdown ------------
                          close pcm
                          dlclose
                          --------------------------------------
                          idRenderSystem::Shutdown()

                          Comment


                          • Something is screwed up on your system:
                            Code:
                            libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
                            libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
                            libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
                            libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
                            (Don't just post the log, read it!)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by whizse View Post
                              Something is screwed up on your system:
                              Code:
                              libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
                              libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
                              libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
                              libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
                              (Don't just post the log, read it!)
                              Whoops! Not sure how I missed that, but good catch!

                              Seems something is broken with libstdc++. I'm using libstdc++:i386, libllvm2.9:i386, and ia32-libs from the standard ubuntu repos (12.04).

                              Here's what verbose tells me:

                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so failed (libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libLLVM-2.9.so.1))
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri/r600_dri.so failed (libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libLLVM-2.9.so.1))
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/tls/r600_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri-alternates/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                              libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
                              libGL error: driver pointer missing
                              libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libLLVM-2.9.so.1))
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/tls/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/tls/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri/swrast_dri.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_meta_CopyColorTable)
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/tls/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so
                              libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib32/dri-alternates/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
                              libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
                              libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

                              I'll look into this issue further in a little while once I have a window of free time.

                              Comment


                              • FIXED!

                                Finally had some time to look at this..

                                There are 2 libstdc++.so.6 files on the system:
                                /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (belongs to package libstdc++6:i386)
                                /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 (belongs to package lib32stdc++6)

                                By default, applications are looking in /usr/lib32 for libraries, so I tried:

                                LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/usr/lib32 doom3

                                This fixed the issue and doom3 started right up. For the most part, this system is a standard oneiric box. I didn't muck with any library search paths and what-not. Are the dri drivers supposed to be linked against the library under /usr/lib32 or is something else supposed to be redirecting the drivers to look in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X