Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    Hey, that patch was just merged 3 hours ago

    I pushed the update now, it should build in an hour.
    this is very fast

    thank you very much. i cannot test the patch without your help, building mesa from git+merging patch is too difficult for me

    Comment


    • Originally posted by unknown2 View Post
      this is very fast

      thank you very much. i cannot test the patch without your help, building mesa from git+merging patch is too difficult for me
      yes! i installed the files 1 second ago.

      i think open-source is all about speed faster patch faster testing faster results faster optimisations faster bug-hunt faster bug-fixing and faster development.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by unknown2 View Post
        this is very fast

        thank you very much. i cannot test the patch without your help, building mesa from git+merging patch is too difficult for me
        the bug is fixed. i will report to upstream developer

        Comment


        • After a recent update, when attemping to start VirtualBox (in Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit), I get the following error:

          Code:
          VirtualBox: supR3HardenedMainGetTrustedMain: dlopen("/usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox.so",) failed: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: xcb_glx_set_client_info_2arb

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gururise View Post
            After a recent update, when attemping to start VirtualBox (in Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit), I get the following error:

            Code:
            VirtualBox: supR3HardenedMainGetTrustedMain: dlopen("/usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox.so",) failed: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: xcb_glx_set_client_info_2arb
            xcb was recently added to mesa as a dependency and there is still some work on it. Try again.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
              xcb was recently added to mesa as a dependency and there is still some work on it. Try again.
              Thanks! after the last update, its now fixed!

              Comment


              • Another problem just cropped up....

                The recent updates broke OpenGL on wine...

                Running warcraft III or Dawn of War in Wine (which both used to work before the recent updates):

                wine war3.exe --opengl
                Code:
                err:ole:CoCreateInstance apartment not initialised
                err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"OPENGL32.dll": libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                err:module:import_dll Loading library OPENGL32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III Reign of Chaos & The Frozen Throne\\Game.dll") failed (error c000007a).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gururise View Post
                  Another problem just cropped up....

                  The recent updates broke OpenGL on wine...

                  Running warcraft III or Dawn of War in Wine (which both used to work before the recent updates):

                  wine war3.exe --opengl
                  Code:
                  err:ole:CoCreateInstance apartment not initialised
                  err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"OPENGL32.dll": libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                  err:module:import_dll Loading library OPENGL32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III Reign of Chaos & The Frozen Throne\\Game.dll") failed (error c000007a).
                  I just updated the PPA again. If it's still not fixed now try filing a bug against mesa, since it doesn't seem a problem of my packaging. Do you also updated wine recently?
                  Last edited by oibaf; 01-09-2012, 05:45 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Looks like a 64 bit system with missing 32 bit libs...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                      I just updated the PPA again. If it's still not fixed now try filing a bug against mesa, since it doesn't seem a problem of my packaging. Do you also updated wine recently?
                      Even after the update... Still not working...
                      Looks like the files /usr/lib/libGL.so, /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 and /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 are all missing on my 64-bit Ubuntu 11.10 machine.

                      In another thread, it was reported that there was a problem recently with MESA (that was quickly fixed in git) where it would not build libGL. Perhaps a newer version of MESA from git would fix this?

                      Comment


                      • just my 2 cents,

                        everything is ok on 32bits

                        Comment


                        • i am using amd cayman with this ppa (driver r600g)

                          i would like to set permission on dri

                          Section "DRI"
                          Group "video"
                          Mode 0660
                          EndSection

                          Does anyone know whether this is still supported or obsolete?
                          it seems that it has no effect.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by unknown2 View Post
                            i am using amd cayman with this ppa (driver r600g)

                            i would like to set permission on dri

                            Section "DRI"
                            Group "video"
                            Mode 0660
                            EndSection

                            Does anyone know whether this is still supported or obsolete?
                            it seems that it has no effect.
                            Why do you want to do that?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                              Why do you want to do that?
                              security control.

                              as i am not a hardcore X-org developer, i do not know whether it is possible for background daemon to access DRI

                              So to be safe, i want to ensure no access.

                              Section "DRI"
                              Group "video"
                              Mode 0660
                              EndSection

                              Comment


                              • Sources and update the package from here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X