Developers Voice Concerns About OpenGL 4.1 State Tracker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denis Steckelmacher [Mesa-dev] GSoC : OpenCL over Gallium3D

Denis Steckelmacher the GSOC student that proposed a GSoC : OpenGL 4.1 state tracker however after getting very little support or engagement for that, and not even being asked to write one of the missing [not started] Mesa routes on the GL3 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt to-do list as a qualification task as all potential students probably should if things are to progress this year, and why doesn't that GL3.txt list have direct URLs to the routines anyway to save time and effort hunting the definition data down ?

he has now stated on the [Mesa-dev] list he want's to try a GSOC : OpenCL over Gallium3D driver instead.

"Denis Steckelmacher:
    Hello,
    After some messages on this list, I reconsidered my GSoC proposal and decided
    to give a try at an OpenCL state tracker. I will base my work on the Clover
    branch of Mesa.

I read its code, which is very well-done and clean"

Comment

Originally posted by popper View Post
      he has now stated on the [Mesa-dev] list he want's to try a GSOC : OpenCL over Gallium3D driver instead.
      And that affirms my opinion about him: He isn't worth anything but words.

Comment

"Denis Steckelmacher:stated on the [Mesa-dev] list he want's to try a GSOC : OpenCL over Gallium3D driver instead."

Originally posted by NSLW View Post
        And that affirms my opinion about him: He isn't worth anything but words.
        well it early day's yet, give the guy a chance, who knows he may become a prolific coder, and dont forget it's primarily a learning experience designed to produce code and grow the new developer base for a given project as old dev's get tired, slow down and move on.

Comment

Working...
        X