Mesa 7.9 Has Now Been Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
    I use Fedora, but where do you get the mesa git rpms? I use Fedora 13, and I don't want to use Rawhide or F14 Beta. All I've been able to get is 7.8.x
    Fedora 13 was released at the 25th of march 2010. Mesa 7.8 was released the 28th of march 2010.

Comment

Vincent, you are the most ignorant person writing here. Tell me again, why aren't you using Windows? I will not bother explaining anything to you, now or in the future, you are obviously a kid.

I will say it again, 6 months is A LOT OF TIME. Make releases more frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
        Vincent, you are the most ignorant person writing here. Tell me again, why aren't you using Windows? I will not bother explaining anything to you, now or in the future, you are obviously a kid.

STFU, Templar.

Comment

Why? Seriously, what is the use case this addresses?

Comment

Originally posted by Remco View Post
            STFU, Templar.
            What is your problem? Is he your lover or something? Or you are his double account, troll?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
              Why? Seriously, what is the use case this addresses?
              The same use case the linux kernel schedule addresses. I thought it would be obvious, but...

It is really wrong for developers of Mesa3d to release big chunks of code every 6 months:

1) All this git code needs to be bug fixed. It is better to have a smaller set of changes released and tested in the real world, than a bigger one.

2) Users will get new funcionality and support for modern hardware earlier.

You have to remember not everyone is using 6 month cycle distributions...

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                Fedora 13 was released at the 25th of march 2010. Mesa 7.8 was released the 28th of march 2010.
                It is so easy to prove you are ignorant, it bores me to death...

When a new Mesa is to be released, they don't just get the git code, package it and release it the same day. They get their code a few weeks earlier depending on their schedule, and they stabilize it with beta and rc releases.

Mesa 7.8 was probably in RC state at the time of Fedora 13 release. So they shipped it and updated to final a few days later. They didn't get the git code themselves...

Comment

It is so easy to prove you are ignorant, it bores me to death...

When a new Mesa is to be released, they don't just get the git code, package it and release it the same day. They get their code a few weeks earlier depending on their schedule, and they stabilize it with beta and rc releases.

Mesa 7.8 was probably in RC state at the time of Fedora 13 release. So they shipped it and updated to final a few days later. They didn't get the git code themselves...
                  Just ignore this Templar kid. In a few newsposts now, all he does is complain, yell at people who disagree or don't understand him, and make personal attacks.

I felt like he had a bit of a legitimate point in saying the releases were too far between (release early, release often is a good mantra), but that's been obliterated by rampant trash talking and generally just being an ass, I'm sorry to say.

Comment

This was going to be an edit, but there's a 1min. time limit it seems. Was also going to remove that image, it's a tad big, ah well.

Just search through his posts. He's only here to try and create flame wars by insulting everyone he doesn't like (e.g. "I use a real distro" (which makes me ashamed to use and be a TU of the same distro), "you KDE fanbois", "Some people here are shortsighted and stupid", "you are the most ignorant person writing here", "Do you have a problem understanding simple statements", "you are full of BS", "if they had taste, they wouldn't use KDE anyway", "It doesn't matter what the codename will be, it will still suck. People at Fedora spend more time figuring out a name than polishing their distro.", just a few of the lovely comments I found when running a search on him).
                    So, yeah. He's here to bash KDE, Fedora, distros other than his own, and such. Frankly this sort of extremely disrespectful behavior towards other forum members really annoys me, which is why I'm posting this.

Anyways, on behalf of Arch (which he claims to use) -- this guy is not representative of us or our forum, please ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hephasteus View Post
                      In case anyone wants to see it in action.
                      http://en.kendincos.net/video-ntrpfn...7-9-devel.html
                      Does it mean Gallium is default for r300 with mesa 7.9?

Comment

Working...
                      X