Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel's GLSL2 Branch Is Merged To Mesa Master

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intel's GLSL2 Branch Is Merged To Mesa Master

    Phoronix: Intel's GLSL2 Branch Is Merged To Mesa Master

    As we reported last month, Intel's Open-Source Technology Center developers responsible for working on their open-source Linux graphics stack has been wanting to merge their GLSL2 shader compiler into the mainline Mesa code-base by the end of August so that it can be released as part of Mesa 7.9 by the end of this quarter. Over the night this milestone was hit and the GLSL2 compiler is now in Mesa master and has replaced the antiquated GL Shading Language compiler long used by Mesa...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODUxMw

  • #2
    Thanks Intel!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      I tried GLSL2 and it's still buggy. All walls in Warsow are black but the game runs a lot faster now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Rendering everything in black might be a way to speed-up games...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mickabouille View Post
          Rendering everything in black might be a way to speed-up games...
          Eheh!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mickabouille View Post
            Rendering everything in black might be a way to speed-up games...
            Maybe you are right

            Comment


            • #7
              In HoN the performance is dropped significantly. The models render all distorted now too.

              Comment


              • #8
                wined3d regressed, too
                and glsl2 has much better error messages than the old glsl compiler

                Comment


                • #9
                  First impressions are good, some shaders which simply did not compile before - seems to work now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why Intel ?

                    I wonder how a company with super crap OpenGL hardware (Intel) is allowed to drive important changes to Mesa? Shouldn't Nvidia/ATI be in charge of such things?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      No one stopped them from being in charge. They just don't write that much code as the Intel folks do.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
                        I wonder how a company with super crap OpenGL hardware (Intel) is allowed to drive important changes to Mesa? Shouldn't Nvidia/ATI be in charge of such things?
                        There are 0 Nvidia devs, 1 ATI dev, and an army of Intel devs working on Mesa. Guess who make the rules.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What does Intel Benefit from its Army of Open Source OpenGL Devs?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by marek View Post
                            There are 0 Nvidia devs, 1 ATI dev, and an army of Intel devs working on Mesa. Guess who make the rules.
                            Hey, it's 2 ATI devs, not 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
                              What does Intel Benefit from its Army of Open Source OpenGL Devs?
                              Bam. This is the 1 Mio $ question. In my opinion, none of the global players contribute just for fun.

                              On the other hand, I'm pretty happy, that someone of them contributes to the vast scope of GFX.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X