OpenVG 1.0 State Tracker Is Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenVG 1.0 State Tracker Is Here!

Phoronix: OpenVG 1.0 State Tracker Is Here!

Yesterday we shared the exciting news that an OpenVG state tracker was coming quite quickly to the Gallium3D architecture for providing hardware-acceleration to this 2D vector graphics drawing API commonly used with mobile devices. This hour the OpenVG 1.0 state tracker was committed to the Mesa code-base. Zack Rusin has pushed the OpenVG state tracker into a branch called openvg-1.0, while it will officially be integrated with Mesa for the Mesa 7.6 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Non Violent High Quality Linux Games?

(sorry, I post in the wrong thread, removing this post)
    Last edited by mendieta; 01 May 2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

It seems year 2010 will be the great GPU year for Linux. I can't wait.

I'm gonna do like Eric Cartman did in South Park. He couldn't wait for the Nintento Wii to come out so he went into the mountains and hibernated himself. He then got "freed" once it came out. However they forgot about him and he got "freed" 500 years later and the Wii didn't exist anymore He never had the pleasure of playing the Wii Will I ever have the pleasure of seeing my Ati card play Doom 3 with Foss drivers?
      Last edited by bulletxt; 02 May 2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
        It seems year 2010 will be the great GPU year for Linux. I can't wait.

I'm gonna do like Eric Cartman did in South Park. He couldn't wait for the Nintento Wii to come out so he went into the mountains and hibernated himself. He then got "freed" once it came out. LOl
        LOL!

Hopefully we can start seeing "the light" later this year This is will be a huge leap for open/free software, I can't wait!

Comment

Hey folks

could somebody translate me what exactly this means? Vector graphics acceleration: Does it mean we will have HW accelerated SVG graphics? Flash content (which often should be moving vector graphics) too?

Moreover is there any wiki or something which finally and ultimately explains all those x-org/graphics related terms. I lost overview sometime. There is Tungsten, there is intel tech, there is kernel-side stuff and the userland x-org stuff. And so on. I think I can't follow all the new techs.

edit OMG. There's a sticky thread in here. Should have a look at this.
          Last edited by Adarion; 02 May 2009, 11:27 AM.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

A friend of mine tried it on his damnly slow intel AGP. Gtkperf under kwin went from 23 seconds to 20 seconds.
            Lines and circles could have been faster, maybe it has to do with the fact gallium3D isn't fully used by the intel driver.

Does anyone have any idea or feeling about it ?

Comment

It is stupid to link your own posts on every article you publish. Why you never link to official pages, wikipedia or source anouncement?
              It would be very helpful.

This is not the first time someone complains about this.

Comment

Originally posted by siu4coders View Post
                It is stupid to link your own posts on every article you publish. Why you never link to official pages, wikipedia or source anouncement?

+1 Quoted For the Thruth

Comment

I am literally gibbering with excitement over Gallium3D.
                  Really honestly truely (?) something that no other platform can do (or will ever do?)

Of course, I'm assuming that Win32 doesn't do all this already but it's probably a safe assumption.

OK, Gallium3D with OpenVG and OpenGL with the Freescale i.MX515 CPU in a netbook.

YES PLEASE!! 8@

J.

Comment

Originally posted by siu4coders View Post

Page views and ad bucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X