Compute Shader Support Patches For NVIDIA Fermi On Nouveau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SethDusek View Post
    The unfortunate thing about wayland rendering (I asked some wayland guys) is that the client gets to decide which gpu to use, not the compositor.
    but this is fortunate, client knows better

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      but this is fortunate, client knows better

Yeah but the issue I see is that clients can choose not to respect your GPU settings, so I don't think it'd be possible to set powersaving intel gpu system-wide or nvidia gpu system-wide

Comment

The unfortunate thing about wayland rendering (I asked some wayland guys) is that the client gets to decide which gpu to use, not the compositor. One solution could be providing one single

Yes, but actually you see what gpu is used by the wayland server, and by default you use it.

Comment

Yeah but the issue I see is that clients can choose not to respect your GPU settings, so I don't think it'd be possible to set powersaving intel gpu system-wide or nvidia gpu system-wide

Well, the same things are possible for clients today on open source drivers, and they don't fuck the GPU settings, so I guess we'll be fine with Wayland as well.

Comment

you could allow only respectful clients on your system

Comment

Working...
            X