No announcement yet.

Open Letter For Open Drivers To NVIDIA

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Letter For Open Drivers To NVIDIA

Phoronix: Open Letter For Open Drivers To NVIDIA

For those interested in seeing official open-source support from NVIDIA or open specifications, there is an open letter for open drivers to NVIDIA at With both AMD and Intel now supporting open-source X.Org drivers and releasing specifications/documentation, the community is looking for the same (if not more) from NVIDIA...

hm not bad. just 19 sigs when i last checked, and now almost 200. seems like there are people who don't like nvidia blob, contrary to my belief.

i'm not eligible for voting, though :]

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      hm not bad. just 19 sigs when i last checked

Must have just been shortly after it launched then
      Michael Larabel

YAUNP (yet another useless nvidia petition)

Really, why do people bother? Nvidia knows that the linux community wants them to open up the specs. These petitions never work.

michael, do you know _anything_ about nvidia and their "open source strategy"? or are that just rumours that you have heard of?

I'm a happy nvidia user. But it wouldn't hurt to open things up.

Well, I just ordered my first nvidia card, mostly because my laptop's ati card has been a bitch. (I'm building a desktop because my laptop seems to have developed overheating problems after about 2.5 years...)

It's going to be a fanless 8600 gt... I'll see how it works out, I guess.

Hence I now have reason to sign this petition.

I don't think this can hurt, but even 100,000 end user signatures on this letter/petition still counts less than one signature from an eVGA/Powercolor/Asus/Gigabyte/MSI exec...

I got an 8600 gt on my laptop from system76. Absolutely no troubles at all so far...

This has been done many times before.

and on and on and on........

This petition isn't even blog worthy.