Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nouveau Picks Up Slightly Better OpenGL 4.0 Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think there's any demand for tessellation shaders / subroutines atm., so I think nobody will work on these massive features any time soon. Which is unfortunate, because I'd totally like to try out shader subroutines. =/ I wonder if they can be implemented on GL3 hardware..
    Tessellation shaders is part of Google Summer of Code hopefully something will come of it: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/p...76830073815040

    There has been some dicussion around subroutines in this thread recently: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt..._shading/page2

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by tarceri View Post
      Tessellation shaders is part of Google Summer of Code hopefully something will come of it: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/p...76830073815040

      There has been some dicussion around subroutines in this thread recently: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt..._shading/page2
      Thanks for the GSoC link, hopefully someone will pick that up.

      And I see you linked back to the thread that I linked from to here

      By the way, how's arrays_of_arrays going? Last I read you were having some troubles with the llvm side.

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
        By the way, how's arrays_of_arrays going? Last I read you were having some troubles with the llvm side.
        Slowly. I took a break as I was feeling a bit burnt out working on this. I recently fixed up some lingering issues with the KHR_debug work I did, and finally got the last piglit test I wrote for that extension reviewed and pushed to the repo. There are a couple of places to start back on work with arrays_of_arrays one is making sure the frontend of the glsl compiler works correctly with geometry shaders as I currently have no piglit tests for this. The second is getting the linking stage working (this is where I was having trouble when I decided to take a break).
        I hope to start working on this again soon, the difficult part is getting my head around how the code works as I'm usually working on this in short 1 hour bursts by the time I get my head around things the hour is up and I need to figure it all out again the next time I get a chance to work on it. Anyway hopefully I can make some progress on this soon.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
          By the way, how's arrays_of_arrays going?
          Ok, so your question gave me some motivation to get back into it and I've started to make some progress once again. I've posted a couple of small patches to the Mesa list as well as a patch to the piglit list to support more tests. I feel like I've got a better understanding of where I'm headed this time around so hopefully I will keep making good progress.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by tarceri View Post
            Ok, so your question gave me some motivation to get back into it and I've started to make some progress once again. I've posted a couple of small patches to the Mesa list as well as a patch to the piglit list to support more tests. I feel like I've got a better understanding of where I'm headed this time around so hopefully I will keep making good progress.
            Hey, that's awesome to hear! I want to state that my post wasn't meant to sound demanding, I was just honestly curious. Work on it as your time and motivation permits. Your work is very appreciated in the community!

            Comment

            Working...
            X