RadeonHD 1.2.2 & 1.2.3 Drivers Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harry1985 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. What version are you using? Also what version of radeonhd did you use?
    This was on Ubuntu 8.10 beta
    xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.9.0+git20081003.f9826a56-0ubuntu2
    xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd 1.2.1-2build2
    libgl1-mesa-dri 7.2-1ubuntu2

The problem with radeonhd is that it would default to software 3D and I couldn't work out why, but with radeon working I didn't try too hard

Comment

Originally posted by ovoskeuiks View Post
      The problem with radeonhd is that it would default to software 3D and I couldn't work out why, but with radeon working I didn't try too hard
      I think radeonhd builds by default with DRI disabled, while radeon builds by default with DRI enabled. Might not be the problem but worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by ovoskeuiks View Post
        This was on Ubuntu 8.10 beta
        xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.9.0+git20081003.f9826a56-0ubuntu2
        xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd 1.2.1-2build2
        libgl1-mesa-dri 7.2-1ubuntu2

ok, you used 1.2.1 for radeonhd. I'll try 1.2.3 on my desktop this weekend.

Comment

You have to put

Option "DRI"

into the device section. DRI in radeonhd had been disabled by default by intention, because r5xx DRI used to be pretty unstable.
          Guess we can change the default to enabled on R5xx now.

Comment

finally, I decide to use ATI 6.9 driver, the one with Ubuntu 8.10 as default. It works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              I think radeonhd builds by default with DRI disabled, while radeon builds by default with DRI enabled. Might not be the problem but worth mentioning.
              It _builds_ with DRI enabled, but it doesn't enable the DRI without an option being set in the config file. There is a vast difference. If only you had already used our driver yourself...

Comment

Trust me, Luc, it's possible to use a driver without remembering how you got the ^#$@^#%@! thing running in the first place

From a user perspective it's not such a world of difference, although I agree that technically it's different. I remembered there was a "disable by default" related to DRI, just didn't remember exactly where it was.

That's what I get for posting from a Vista system
                Last edited by bridgman; 10-28-2008, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  That's what I get for posting from a Vista system
                  Just reading that makes me feel....dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
                    Just reading that makes me feel....dirty.
                    What your not really jealous? I mean obviously that's what you --should-- feel....

Comment

Working...
                    X