Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*celebrates and jumps around*

Comment

This really is great news. I really appreciate all the hard work. AMD has won at least a few dozen purchases from me (2 for personal use, the rest for work). I just really hope they don't forget the earlier radeon cards.

Comment

Unfortunately, it doesn't build for me:

Code:
        rhd_driver.c:1148: error: ‘struct RHDRec’ has no member named ‘DMAForXv’
        rhd_driver.c:1004: warning: unused variable ‘DriScreenInited’
        make[3]: *** [radeonhd_drv_la-rhd_driver.lo] Fehler 1
        make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/d2kx/xf86-video-radeonhd/src'
        make[2]: *** [all] Fehler 2
        make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/d2kx/xf86-video-radeonhd/src'
        make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
        make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/d2kx/xf86-video-radeonhd'
        make: *** [all] Fehler 2
        This is what I get at the end... any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Unfortunately, it doesn't build for me
          Yep, the same problem for me.
          Ubuntu 64 Bit
          Any Suggestions?

edit: Someone helped me in irc: http://radeonhd.org/index.php?page=a...08-7-26#result
          After installing the packages everything worked
          Last edited by bugmenot; 07-26-2008, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
            Whoa! That's a pretty bad misunderstanding on my part.
            ..well that's great! SLI under linux! ..heh.

<olaf>Thank you for corrrrrecting me </olaf>
            Actually you were mostly right. Sure, you can add a second video-card to your pc, and the nVidia-driver will tell you it's using the cards in SLI, but that's about it. There's practically no performance-gain.

My guess is when Crossfire hits fglrx it will be way superior to nVidias SLI in terms of performance gain, but honestly I don't care. SLI and Crossfire are both pointless imho.

Comment

Since all these nice bits are still in their respective git tree, which kernel and/or radeon driver release will enable all this fun ? Before the end of the year ?
              I am about to buy new hardware and want to know if it's worth waiting a couple of months to enjoy it. (I know it's always the same thing but anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
                Actually you were mostly right. Sure, you can add a second video-card to your pc, and the nVidia-driver will tell you it's using the cards in SLI, but that's about it. There's practically no performance-gain.

My guess is when Crossfire hits fglrx it will be way superior to nVidias SLI in terms of performance gain, but honestly I don't care. SLI and Crossfire are both pointless imho.
                Benchmarks here prove otherwise, SLi is showing nearly double the frame rate.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=860&num=2

Comment

Ok, I didn't know this benchmarks. The last ones I saw showed different numbers. Unfortunately it seems hard to find Linux SLI Benchmarks.
                  But are there any other games that profit from SLI except Quake 4 (under Linux, of course)?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
                    Ok, I didn't know this benchmarks. The last ones I saw showed different numbers. Unfortunately it seems hard to find Linux SLI Benchmarks.
                    But are there any other games that profit from SLI except Quake 4 (under Linux, of course)?
                    I believe Michael is thinking of doing another revisit to SLi in a future article (more then likely after the 180.X drivers are released in the near future)

Comment

*celebrates and jumps around*
                      i'd rather like to know, how can we help as ordinary users, at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X