Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian@amd64 (sid/experimental) + RV535

Greetings.

At first, I want to thank phoronix team for their great work. I learned from this site a lot of stuff. (I am "just now" registered user :P )

And now here is my problem. I have Sapphire Radeon 1650PRO (RV535), Debian GNU\Linux sid branch (+ experimental repo, libdrm2 from this branch) and I am using radeon driver.

Problem is that I can't get 3D accel.

glxinfo returns unknown chip ID message. So I think that I have old Mesa libs. With Mesa libs 7.1RC (self-compiled) glxinfo returns RGB visuals problem msg (Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual
    ). Maybe Xserver-xorg is too old, BUT how to fix all those problems with clear shield? (I am tried ubuntu HH repo, but xserver core broke xserver, I have core, but executables ["X"] were missing - dependency problem, --force-ignore isn't a solution)

Without broken dependencies, without broken mesa libs, without broken kernel modules, without...

Waiting for stable release of xserver and mesa-libs is painful. Because nobody know when it will be released.

Is possible to solve my issue?

If somebody have clear solution or idea for me, please help.

Thanks.

PS: (bad EN, I know, sorry.)
    Last edited by asfalatus; 01 July 2008, 07:26 AM.

Waiting for stable release of xserver and mesa-libs is painful. Because nobody know when it will be released.
    It's all coming very soon, I would just wait a bit longer... well, I *do* wait, because I've got a R580 and Debian/sid, too

I guess you're missing a new Xserver. Xserver 1.5 RC2 is avaible in experimental, it is a bit over a month old, but honestly, I would just stick to Sid and wait (and maybe use fglrx for the time being if you need 3D).

Btw.: Are you using Radeon 6.9.0? If you're using RadeonHD, the latest release 1.2.1 does not support DRI etc. yet.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      It's all coming very soon, I would just wait a bit longer... well, I *do* wait, because I've got a R580 and Debian/sid, too

I guess you're missing a new Xserver. Xserver 1.5 RC2 is avaible in experimental, it is a bit over a month old, but honestly, I would just stick to Sid and wait (and maybe use fglrx for the time being if you need 3D).

Btw.: Are you using Radeon 6.9.0? If you're using RadeonHD, the latest release 1.2.1 does not support DRI etc. yet.
      Woooooow, I can't believe that I didn't look for xserver in experimental, I am... Thank you for this interesting information.

No, I am using radeon driver, because I like it more than radeonhd, personal interests

So, experimental libdrm2, experimental xserver and self-compiled mesalibs 7.1RC (with old libs backup), maybe success is closer than I can imagine.

EDIT:
      And maybe no.

sudo apt-get install -t experimental xserver-xorg-core
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree
      Reading state information... Done
      Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
      requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
      distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
      or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
      the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
      that package should be filed.
      The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      xserver-xorg-core: Depends: xserver-xorg but it is not going to be installed
      E: Broken packages
      Last edited by asfalatus; 01 July 2008, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by asfalatus View Post
        The following packages have unmet dependencies:
        xserver-xorg-core: Depends: xserver-xorg but it is not going to be installed
        E: Broken packages
        The lazy workaround is just to remove the dependency on xserver-xorg from debian/control in the xorg-server source.

Comment

Originally posted by tormod View Post
          The lazy workaround is just to remove the dependency on xserver-xorg from debian/control in the xorg-server source.
          Just remove the package.. It's just a meta-package..

Comment

Bad news

New package xserver-xorg-core in experimental doesn't have extensions like GLcore, dri, ...

Big surprise for me.

Comment

You can also use the Ubuntu xorg-edgers packages in your Debian system. Some people do.

Comment

Yes, I tried it. Finally I get 3D direct accel. But when I launched World of Warcraft, Xserver crashed (segfault). Problem with X-releated library. Warcraft III crashed too.

I must wait for Mesa (7.1) and X.org(7.4) stable releases, or move to another distribution (eg Gentoo). But I don't have any idea when this stuff will be released. So it's hard to make right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by asfalatus View Post
                  Yes, I tried it. Finally I get 3D direct accel. But when I launched World of Warcraft, Xserver crashed (segfault). Problem with X-releated library. Warcraft III crashed too.
                  Might help if you recompile the source packages on your own system. Yes, that sounds like gentoo but it should be quicker.

I must wait for Mesa (7.1) and X.org(7.4) stable releases, or move to another distribution (eg Gentoo). But I don't have any idea when this stuff will be released. So it's hard to make right decision.
                  Things are moving fast in debian-experimental these days, so just try again in some days/weeks. All these things are coming into Ubuntu Intrepid right now, so that's another option.

Comment

Working...
                  X