What can I expect from 3D radeonhd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by l337programmer View Post
    Can you tell me if you will have initial support for Xen in the memory manager? Being able to partition the graphics card into a virtual half would be amazing.
    I don't think that such things will happen in near future, on the other end i know that some of the people working on virtualization are trying to find out if they could abstract video card through gallium to enable acceleration in the virtual environnement what ever is the underlying card.

Comment

Originally posted by glisse View Post
      I don't think that such things will happen in near future, on the other end i know that some of the people working on virtualization are trying to find out if they could abstract video card through gallium to enable acceleration in the virtual environnement what ever is the underlying card.
      I've done several hours of research on this matter, and apparently with an IOMMU, most of the memory problem is solved. This is an interesting read.

This guy has two nVidia 7800GTXs installed and running two separate instances of UT2004 at the same time on one physical machine. His DomU and Dom0 are both FC5. I'm 90% certain his machine doesn't have an IOMMU, however.

I was thinking a software IOMMU might be able to be implemented in the Xen virtual 3D device for systems that don't have a hardware one for the XP drivers to interface with. Unfortunately I am not a very skilled coder, or I would at least take the time to read through the code and see what I could do myself.

Comment

Working...
      X