Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RS480/RS690 OSS Compiz Achieved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #71
    It looks like you built the driver (xf86-video-ati) without dri support.

    Comment


    • #72
      Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      It looks like you built the driver (xf86-video-ati) without dri support.
      this is from xf86-video-ati:

      Code:
      ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --prefix=/usr --datadir=/usr/share --enable-dri --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
      Code:
      checking if XINERAMA is defined... no
      checking if RANDR is defined... yes
      checking if RENDER is defined... yes
      checking if XV is defined... yes
      checking if XF86MISC is defined... yes
      checking if DPMSExtension is defined... yes
      checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config... no
      checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
      checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
      checking for XORG... yes
      checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
      checking for /usr/include/xorg/dri.h... yes
      checking for /usr/include/xorg/sarea.h... yes
      checking for /usr/include/xorg/dristruct.h... yes
      checking for /usr/include/xorg/damage.h... yes
      checking whether to include DRI support... yes
      checking for DRI... yes
      checking for xf86Modes.h... yes
      checking whether to enable EXA support... yes
      checking exa.h usability... yes
      checking exa.h presence... yes
      checking for exa.h... yes
      checking whether EXA version is at least 2.0.0... yes
      checking whether xf86XVFillKeyHelperDrawable is declared... yes
      checking whether xf86ModeBandwidth is declared... yes
      checking whether xf86_crtc_clip_video_helper is declared... yes
      checking whether xf86RotateFreeShadow is declared... yes
      checking whether pci_device_enable is declared... yes
      checking whether XSERVER_LIBPCIACCESS is declared... yes
      configure: X server has new mode code
      checking for PCIACCESS... yes
      checking for /usr/share/sgml/X11/defs.ent... no
      checking for linuxdoc... no
      checking for ps2pdf... /usr/bin/ps2pdf
      checking Whether to build documentation... no
      checking Whether to build pdf documentation... yes
      configure: The atimisc sub-driver has been split out to xf86-video-mach64:
          git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-mach64
      Please install that driver as well for mach64-based cards.
      
      configure: The r128 sub-driver has been split out to xf86-video-r128:
          git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-r128
      Please install that driver as well for rage128-based cards.
      to me it seems that dri has been built like were built with dri, sarea, pciaccess, damage and exa. i don't seem to find the texturedvideo anyway, but xorg log seems to say that on rs690 it needs the cp enabled to enable texturedvideo.

      isn't this by chance related to something in the libdrm or the driproto?!

      Comment


      • #73
        Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
        i'm using git compiled drm and dri. in my previous reply you could not only see the sites i've picked up drm, mesa and xorg but also the configure options. actually dmesg doesn't spit nothing regarding drm or radeon since it has gotten populated with iptables output.
        To me it seems like you are building and installing libdrm twice. What is that x11-drm step? You need to cd into linux-core and run make and make install.

        You can try grep drm /var/log/syslog depending on your distro and configuration. BTW, if you're on Debian or Ubuntu you may try my prebuilt packages, and if you're not you might try the live CD test I posted in another thread, at least to see if it works before you try more on installing.

        Comment


        • #74
          Maybe you have a libdri* in /lib and it's getting chosen instead of the new one in /usr/lib.

          Comment


          • #75
            Originally posted by tormod View Post
            To me it seems like you are building and installing libdrm twice. What is that x11-drm step? You need to cd into linux-core and run make and make install.

            You can try grep drm /var/log/syslog depending on your distro and configuration. BTW, if you're on Debian or Ubuntu you may try my prebuilt packages, and if you're not you might try the live CD test I posted in another thread, at least to see if it works before you try more on installing.
            He is using gentoo with x11 overlay i think. x11-drm is the name of the package that installs the drm kernel modules?

            Btw, why do you need the mesa sources to build xserver? I thought you didn't need to do that anymore.
            Last edited by c0un7d0wn; 06-09-2008, 03:16 PM.

            Comment


            • #76
              Originally posted by c0un7d0wn View Post
              He is using gentoo with x11 overlay i think. x11-drm is the name of the package that installs the drm kernel modules?

              Btw, why do you need the mesa sources to build xserver? I thought you didn't need to do that anymore.
              as you say i'm using x11 overlay on gentoo sources. the xorg-server-9999 still checks the mesa git includes, i've read on xorg-mailing list that it's still not safe to remove the mesa includes. do you think that this might be the problem?!

              To me it seems like you are building and installing libdrm twice. What is that x11-drm step? You need to cd into linux-core and run make and make install.

              You can try grep drm /var/log/syslog depending on your distro and configuration. BTW, if you're on Debian or Ubuntu you may try my prebuilt packages, and if you're not you might try the live CD test I posted in another thread, at least to see if it works before you try more on installing.
              the libdrm is composed of libraries that go in /usr/lib and in /lib and of kernel modules that go in /lib/modules. gentoo just splits the 2 in 2 packages (this way you don't have to rebuild the libdrm if you update the kernel). you could argue on this approach if you want but till now it worked somehow.

              Comment


              • #77
                I used to run gentoo. I'm using ubuntu now.

                Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
                as you say i'm using x11 overlay on gentoo sources. the xorg-server-9999 still checks the mesa git includes, i've read on xorg-mailing list that it's still not safe to remove the mesa includes. do you think that this might be the problem?!
                Not sure. This is how i configured git libdrm, mesa and xserver:
                Code:
                ./autogen.sh --cache-file=/home/serkan/src/xorg/autoconf-cache --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --with-driver=dri --disable-glx-tls --with-xcb --enable-xcb --with-fontdir=/usr/share/fonts/X11/ --with-log-dir=/var/log
                As you can see no --with-mesa-source.

                Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
                the libdrm is composed of libraries that go in /usr/lib and in /lib and of kernel modules that go in /lib/modules. gentoo just splits the 2 in 2 packages (this way you don't have to rebuild the libdrm if you update the kernel). you could argue on this approach if you want but till now it worked somehow.
                and for the kernel modules i do make in linux-core folder in drm. Well make -j2 actually. Then do sudo cp *.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/ to overwrite the installed modules. So that gives me this:
                Code:
                serkan@zoidberg:~
                $ grep -i aiglx /var/log/Xorg.0.log
                (==) AIGLX enabled
                (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
                (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer
                (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_SGI_swap_control and GLX_MESA_swap_control
                (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_texture_from_pixmap with driver support
                (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
                Then i get to play with eyecandy
                Last edited by c0un7d0wn; 06-09-2008, 04:07 PM.

                Comment


                • #78
                  Originally posted by c0un7d0wn View Post
                  I used to run gentoo. I'm using ubuntu now.



                  Not sure. This is how i configured git libdrm, mesa and xserver:
                  Code:
                  ./autogen.sh --cache-file=/home/serkan/src/xorg/autoconf-cache --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --with-driver=dri --disable-glx-tls --with-xcb --enable-xcb --with-fontdir=/usr/share/fonts/X11/ --with-log-dir=/var/log
                  As you can see no --with-mesa-source.



                  and for the kernel modules i do make in linux-core folder in drm. Well make -j2 actually. Then do sudo cp *.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/ to overwrite the installed modules. So that gives me this:
                  Code:
                  serkan@zoidberg:~
                  $ grep -i aiglx /var/log/Xorg.0.log
                  (==) AIGLX enabled
                  (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
                  (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer
                  (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_SGI_swap_control and GLX_MESA_swap_control
                  (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_texture_from_pixmap with driver support
                  (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
                  Then i get to play with eyecandy
                  i've managed to compile xorg-git without mesa and dri seems to start, but i have a lot of artifacts with exa enabled, i've got like a strage "overlay" in openoffice whenever i try to view documents that prevents me from reading them, a big amount of horizontal black lines in firefox, and very often firefox with gmail mailbox (online reading) locks the system (magic keys, ctrl+alt+backspace or +canc, don't work and i have to do a hard reboot). i don't know if this is really normal. is there a log where to see why xorg has crashed?! the xorg.0.log in var/log doesn't seem to see anything when xorg locks.
                  i still have to try out xaa and see what happens, but for the moment it seems that at least dri is working and the system is much or less usable.

                  Comment


                  • #79
                    Try to ssh to the system. Check out the recent drm kernel modules too, glisse added some hard lockup fix. If not, i would bug the devs on #radeon on irc.

                    I have two laptops, one with x1600 which works perfectly no artifacts, and one with x1250 i think that has some artifacts in firefox but very stable.

                    I thank the devs and amd for opening up and delivering us from fglrx

                    edit: try the radeon-lockup-free branch in ag5df's git repo: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/drm
                    Last edited by c0un7d0wn; 06-13-2008, 02:11 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #80
                      Originally posted by c0un7d0wn View Post
                      Try to ssh to the system. Check out the recent drm kernel modules too, glisse added some hard lockup fix. If not, i would bug the devs on #radeon on irc.

                      I have two laptops, one with x1600 which works perfectly no artifacts, and one with x1250 i think that has some artifacts in firefox but very stable.

                      I thank the devs and amd for opening up and delivering us from fglrx

                      edit: try the radeon-lockup-free branch in ag5df's git repo: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/drm
                      could you please post your xorg.conf and eventually the /root/.drirc?! i still can only go to max 190 fps with glxgears and konsole and firefox navigation is still very bad with the latest radeon-lockup-free, libdrm, mesa and xorg-servers (without mesa includes).
                      thanks

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X