Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XV for M64/x2300 with ati/radeon driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XV for M64/x2300 with ati/radeon driver?

I have spent quite some time trying to get xv (textured video) working with a M64/x2300 GPU using the radeon driver from git. Unfortunately I was not very successfull. Now I would like to ask you pros whether this GPU is actually capable of using textured video with the radeon driver or was I just wrong assuming that this GPU belongs to the category r5xx?

Thanks in advance

capslock

Originally posted by capslock View Post
    I have spent quite some time trying to get xv (textured video) working with a M64/x2300 GPU using the radeon driver from git. Unfortunately I was not very successfull. Now I would like to ask you pros whether this GPU is actually capable of using textured video with the radeon driver or was I just wrong assuming that this GPU belongs to the category r5xx?

Thanks in advance

capslock
    That chip should work. What sort of problems are you having?

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      My xorg.log says XVideo extension is loaded but on executing xvinfo I just get "no adaptors present".

I downloaded and built the module on a Debian/sid machine with these commands:

git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati; cd xf86-video-ati/; git-checkout origin/atombios-support; ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/; make

sudo make install

I find it strange, that config.log says "It was created by xf86-video-ati configure 6.7.196", since I did a normal git-clone a couple of days ago and I would assume I should get a version 6.8.xxx.

I have pasted

Xorg.0.log
      Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

and config.log
      Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

thank you for your help

capslock

Comment

In Xorg.0.log I can see that XVideo extension has been loaded but xvinfo gives me "no adaptors present".

I downloaded and built the module on a Debian/sid box with these commands:

git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
        cd xf86-video-ati/; git-checkout origin/atombios-support
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/; make
        sudo make install

It is strange that config.log says "It was created by xf86-video-ati configure 6.7.196" although I did a normal git-clone only a couple of days ago and I assume I should get a version 6.8.xxx.

I pasted my

Xorg.0.log

and config.log

Thank you very much

capslock

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          In Xorg.0.log I can see that XVideo extension has been loaded but xvinfo gives me "no adaptors present".

I downloaded and built the module on a Debian/sid box with these commands:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/; make
          sudo make install

It is strange that config.log says "It was created by xf86-video-ati configure 6.7.196" although I did a normal git-clone only a couple of days ago and I assume I should get a version 6.8.xxx.

I pasted my

Xorg.0.log

and config.log

Thank you very much

capslock

Comment

Originally posted by capslock View Post
            The atombios-support branch was merged to master a while ago. that branch is dead at this point. master has everything you need.

Alex

Comment

Hey capslock, apparently, I have the same problem. The xorg log tells me I'm not using the git versions of either radeon or radeonhd.

I raised a question in the sidux forums.

Comment

Working...
              X