Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Gets Wired Up For More OpenGL 4.0 Extensions

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Gets Wired Up For More OpenGL 4.0 Extensions

Another set of AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D driver improvements were committed on Wednesday for Mesa...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcyMzk

So how is radionsi compared to the mature r600g? Is it recommended I start looking for a GCN card to replace my lowly (and fanless) 6570?

Comment

Is R600g gonna get left behind with OpenGL 4.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Where did you hear that , no driver currently supports OpenGL 4.0 . GLSL 4.0 not started, GL_ARB_tessellation_shader not started... until those are in the works and then became nearly finished we can't expect OpenGL 4.0 to be soon advertised .

Besides that state, only HD5xxx/HD6xxx hardware supported by r600g driver supports more then OpenGL 3.3 .
        Last edited by dungeon; 06-19-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
          no, ofc not but i believe was a low hanging fruit for GCN hardware(aka RadeonSI) and is a lot harder for HD5000+(R600G), so the patches for those cards will come later on. Remeber anything below HD5000 cards only support GL 3.3 so not all card in r600g will support GL 4+

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Besides that state, only HD5xxx/HD6xxx hardware supported by r600g driver supports more then OpenGL 3.3 .
            And most of that doesn't natively support fp64, meaning someone will have to emulate it for r600g to reach 4.0.

Comment

And the python script is back..

Comment

Originally posted by Imroy View Post
                So how is radionsi compared to the mature r600g? Is it recommended I start looking for a GCN card to replace my lowly (and fanless) 6570?
                Yea, absolutely. Just avoid the Hawaii parts. Anything in the 265-280x range is really solid. 260x is newer hardware and thus more buggy, usually, but also mostly works. I have a 270x aka 7870 that runs really well.

Comment

Working...
                X