Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's Open-Source Hawaii GPU Support Still Isn't Working Right

Phoronix: AMD's Open-Source Hawaii GPU Support Still Isn't Working Right

While AMD's Radeon R9 290 "Hawaii" graphics cards have been out on the market for more than a half-year, the open-source driver support still isn't working quite right when it comes to having GPU hardware acceleration...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY4NjA

"Alex posted a patch last might that might help for Hawaii's lack of linear depth/stencil buffers."

There's either some epic English going on here or a typo, betting on the last, I'll fine you $5 for not reading your own article at least once.

kthxbai.
    ~Aeny

Comment

Originally posted by Aeny View Post
      "Alex posted a patch last might that might help for Hawaii's lack of linear depth/stencil buffers."
      Highlighted to make it easier to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeny View Post
        Well, I was a little confused which patch Michael referred to. But I guess it's the one by Michel Dänzer. And that one doesn't help with anything as far as I can say, it only disables tiling as much as possible to rule that out as a source of problems.
        But it's not tiling that causes problems apparently, the patch doesn't have any other effect than Alex' previous patch.

Actually I think it's something more basic, as even glxinfo (that doesn't do any painting) causes X to crash. Maybe it's Bug 74250 that needs to be solved first.

Comment

Working...
        X