No announcement yet.

Radeon Driver To Support ATI R500/600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond3D has a new interview up with John Bridgeman regarding the open source drivers (etc.)

What's the timeline for making shader core information available to the open source community?

We expect to start providing information in the first quarter of 2008.

Comment

Dang ! They spelled my name wrong
      Test signature

Comment

I`m wondering does anybody have clue or experience on rv630 chip and this radeonhd 1.something(what the release number is latest)
        And how good is this compination working, me when using glxgears it log out on session, and if i`m not wrong the rv630 not supported yet at least in the list.

Ps: sorry my bad english.

Comment

The radeonhd driver supports rv630. I expect the list shows marketing names (HD2600) rather than engineering names. The first release of radeonhd is just a solid display driver, without 2d or 3d acceleration; glxgears probably won't run until 3d acceleration is added.
          Test signature

Comment

Ok that clarifys me, thanks for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post
              RadeonHD is shaping up rather nicely as a rather complete and welltested modesetting driver.
              Hey Luc, I just want to say it's great to be able to finally use an open-sourced driver with my R580. You guys are doing a wonderful job, and I look forward to future developments.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                The radeonhd driver supports rv630. I expect the list shows marketing names (HD2600) rather than engineering names. The first release of radeonhd is just a solid display driver, without 2d or 3d acceleration; glxgears probably won't run until 3d acceleration is added.
                glxgears runs, and is about as fast as fglrx WITH dri enabled .

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  Heh... Like MS, we've got a software renderer engine in place for OpenGL that it falls back to when it doesn't have acceleration at it's disposal. Non-accelerated Indirect mode will be evil slow, but it will render darn near anything you hand to it. glxgears will run, but you'll only see maybe 150 or so fps on a fairly hot machine.

Comment

>>The radeonhd driver supports rv630. I expect the list shows marketing names (HD2600) rather than engineering names.

Ahh, I see the problem. The list in Michael's article says "620" rather than "630" -- probably just a typo.

>>The RadeonHD 1.0.0 driver officially supports the ATI RV505, RV515, RV516, R520, RV530, RV535, RV570, R580, RS690, R600, RV610, and RV620 chip families
                    Last edited by bridgman; 30 November 2007, 03:48 PM.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X