Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Devs play games or test what they do ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good

My guess is that phill1978 will want to start with the first option, since that allows easy switching between "with" and "without' the setting...

Comment

For which cards is hyperz disabled by default?

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver View Post
        For which cards is hyperz disabled by default?
        It is disabled for all cards which use r600 and radeonsi mesa drivers. Not sure, but only cards which have it enabled now by default are those who use r300 driver.

r100 and r200 drivers does not have it implemented, so there is nothing to disable .
        Last edited by dungeon; 04-08-2014, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          It is disabled for all cards which use r600 and radeonsi mesa drivers. Not sure, but only cards which have it enabled now by default are those who use r300 driver.

r100 and r200 drivers does not have it implemented, so there is nothing to disable .
          Is enabling hyperz supposed to give a big frame rate boost for all applications? I can't see any difference when running Unigine Heaven benchmark with hyperz being enabled/disabled. I'm using Linux kernel 3.14 and a little out dated Mesa 10.2-git on a RadeonHD4890.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver View Post
            Is enabling hyperz supposed to give a big frame rate boost for all applications? I can't see any difference when running Unigine Heaven benchmark with hyperz being enabled/disabled. I'm using Linux kernel 3.14 and a little out dated Mesa 10.2-git on a RadeonHD4890.
            Yes HYPERZ is known tehnics to boost frame rate

http://www.anandtech.com/show/635/4

. So it is known for ~15 years , but seems not 100% known to the opensource radeon developers to make stable implementation, so that it can deserve to be enabled by default .

For Unigine Heaven, yes some engines may use similar tehnics so hyperz does nothing there to improve performance .

Comment

Yes HYPERZ is known tehnics to boost frame rate

http://www.anandtech.com/show/635/4

. So it is known for ~15 years , but seems not 100% known to the opensource radeon developers to make stable implementation, so that it can deserve to be enabled by default .

For Unigine Heaven, yes some engines may use similar tehnics so hyperz does nothing there to improve performance .
              Oh, thank you! This was puzzling me for a few weeks. By the way, the most demanding game I usually play is Teeworlds, may be Dota2 later

Comment

I added the statement on its own, it may be a co-incidence though

R600_DEBUG=hyperz

^

that one. And now i have slower performance. It would seem my FPS is capped at 50. Yet I have a 60hz monitor? GLX gears is 50 and CounterStrike fps is locked at 50fps.. this is presenting a slowed down / juddering motion as its not vsync'd properly.

could that command have caused this? if so how to i turn it off?

also how do i change my refresh? Im using cinnamon 2.0 and there isn't a refresh control option, so i changed to 1280 x 780 and that is running glxgears at 60fps .. so im thinking some of the weird performance here is that 1920 x 1080 is somehow now running at 50hz ..

such pains running FOSS and AMD, not being able to easily select refresh rates
                Last edited by phill1978; 04-08-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

@phill1978

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Rad...ture/#index2h2

Comment

That is for the driver, additional option for Gnome or Cinnamon i am not sure but i guess env variable CLUTTER_VBLANK=none should do a job

Comment

Its a bug in cinnamon i just found (i think) if you switch between multiple monitors but dont have the secondary connected then the refresh seems to swap to that of the non-connected monitor on mirror.

its ok now

Comment

Originally posted by phill1978 View Post
                        its ok now
                        Do phill1978 play games or test what he do ?

Just kidding .

Comment

Originally posted by phill1978 View Post
                          Why should I bother when 9/1000 i get no response for months
                          Wow, you get responses to 99.1% of your bugs! That does sound awful.

Comment

Do phill1978 play games or test what he do ?

Just kidding .
                            I just play games buddy

but i want them to be smooth as a peach

Comment

Working...
                            X