Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Color Clears Come To AMD's RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Okay i'm doing it wrong. Thanks for this hint
    Does one of you kind forum members own a kaveri and can tell me if it can run for example "portal 2" or "sir, youre being hunted" or "Verdun"? In theory metro should work, is it playable?
    I'd like to know if its worth the effort fiddeling around with it ...

    (using archlinux btw and testing branch should be fine?!)
    use arch linux and with testing and lcarlier repo, for me is rock solid since forever

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
      use arch linux and with testing and lcarlier repo, for me is rock solid since forever
      TYVM!

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
        Okay i'm doing it wrong. Thanks for this hint
        Does one of you kind forum members own a kaveri and can tell me if it can run for example "portal 2" or "sir, youre being hunted" or "Verdun"? In theory metro should work, is it playable?
        I'd like to know if its worth the effort fiddeling around with it ...

        (using archlinux btw and testing branch should be fine?!)
        So, pretty much all the source games I have tried work on the R600 driver, but that may or may not help you. I do know that Arch hasn't put in Mesa 10.1 for whatever reason, so you may have to use the lcarlier repo, which has mesa-git in it. The only other thing I can think of is that you might want to pull the latest kernel RC releases, as they might have improvements used in mesa-git.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          what kind of graphical cards are involved in the project?
          As the article stated: AMD Radeon HD7000 and newer.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
            Quite misleading statement since the article is about RadeonSI which is ~100% not recommendable for daily use.
            Aww, now I really feel bad for finishing Portal 2 on my HD7850 without a single problem... (Fedora 20, kernel 3.13.5, mesa 10.1)

            Comment


            • #16
              The RadeonSI driver is in a good shape and the performance should be close to r600g. I only tested Team Fortress 2 and it was smooth. However, these components should be fresh and built in this order, or obtained from other sources:

              - kernel
              - llvm
              - libdrm
              - mesa (make sure the llvm version reported by the configure script matches what you compiled)
              - glamor
              - xf86-video-ati
              - enable 2D tiling manually in xorg.conf
              - enable dynamic power management if it's not enabled by default
              - you can also set R600_DEBUG=hyperz to get a small performance boost
              Last edited by marek; 03-07-2014, 07:16 PM.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                Quite misleading statement since the article is about RadeonSI which is ~100% not recommendable for daily use.
                not true for opensuse tumbleweed or even opensuse 13.1 at least for HD 7950
                Last edited by tomtomme; 03-07-2014, 08:24 PM.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by r1348 View Post
                  As the article stated: AMD Radeon HD7000 and newer.
                  Some of them only: to be exact, only GCN cards use RadeonSI. Older rebranded cards won't use RadeonSI.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    OpenGL 3.X not available ?

                    hi all,

                    I'm running Debian Jessie/Sid on a 7850 with the latest available packages, but OpenGL support is still being reported at 2.1 (kernel 3.13, mesa 10.1-rc2, llvm 3.4).
                    Do I need to switch on something ?

                    Switching to another distro is not an option

                    Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by jery View Post
                      hi all,

                      I'm running Debian Jessie/Sid on a 7850 with the latest available packages, but OpenGL support is still being reported at 2.1 (kernel 3.13, mesa 10.1-rc2, llvm 3.4).
                      Do I need to switch on something ?

                      Switching to another distro is not an option

                      Thanks
                      It seems I've found the answer myself ! I need to upgrade for llvm 3.5 !
                      http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...ovements/page4

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X