Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon Gallium3D Performance Gets Close To Catalyst On Ubuntu 14.04

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by tarceri View Post
    I don't think that reply is from one of the amd devs. Have you tried with updated kernal and drivers? I have not seen the issues your talking about although I'm not sure if I'm using acceleration how do I enable it?
    Linux francesco-desktop 3.14.0-031400rc5-generic #201403022235 SMP Mon Mar 3 03:36:27 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux


    francesco@francesco-desktop:~$ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.0-rc3


    I tried with 10.2 dev, but I have the same issue.


    The aceleration run if you edit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg

    and you write inside ;

    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode = 1
    Last edited by pandev92; 03-05-2014, 10:49 AM.

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
      Linux francesco-desktop 3.14.0-031400rc5-generic #201403022235 SMP Mon Mar 3 03:36:27 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux


      francesco@francesco-desktop:~$ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"
      OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.0-rc3


      I tried with 10.2 dev, but I have the same issue.


      The aceleration run if you edit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg

      and you write inside ;

      EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode = 1
      Your issue could be a duplicate of one of these. You might get some more information by reading those bug reports.

      https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67994
      https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71796

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by Rich Oliver View Post
        This probably isn't the right forum for really technical questions, but how do you programme later OpenGL on Linux. I've got a basic OpenGl application up through Glx. But the latest version of GLX is 1.4 which is years old and doesn't seem to support modern OpenGl commands. I've found some tutorials on EGL, but they seem geared towards Windows and Android. Anyway I'm wondering if I should leave OpenGl till I can get a workable KDE frameworks 5 desktop running on Wayland up.
        Run
        Code:
        glxinfo | grep OpenGL
        and it will print some information about your maximum supported version of OpenGL, even if software rendering is used it shouldn't be 1.4.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by tarceri View Post
          Your issue could be a duplicate of one of these. You might get some more information by reading those bug reports.

          https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67994
          https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71796
          But I dind't have any problems with h264 mplayer etc, only with flash , for example 720 p h264 lockups... :/

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by archibald View Post
            Run
            Code:
            glxinfo | grep OpenGL
            and it will print some information about your maximum supported version of OpenGL, even if software rendering is used it shouldn't be 1.4.
            Its Glx that is at version 1.4 not my systems implementation of OpenGl. From what I've learnt in the last day GlEW the GL extension Wrangler is the standard way to use later GL functionality. GLEW determines their availability at runtime rather than at compile time. This means that GLX, doesn't have to be updated every time that Opengl adds new functionality.

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by Rich Oliver View Post
              Its Glx that is at version 1.4 not my systems implementation of OpenGl. From what I've learnt in the last day GlEW the GL extension Wrangler is the standard way to use later GL functionality. GLEW determines their availability at runtime rather than at compile time. This means that GLX, doesn't have to be updated every time that Opengl adds new functionality.
              Why can't you just use opengl native? Yea, you can't assume EGL, but you can assume nowadays OGL 3+ or even better GLES 2+. IE, include glew and gl.h, not glx.h. GLX is just a couple additional functions to extend openGL on X.

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by zanny View Post
                Why can't you just use opengl native? Yea, you can't assume EGL, but you can assume nowadays OGL 3+ or even better GLES 2+. IE, include glew and gl.h, not glx.h. GLX is just a couple additional functions to extend openGL on X.
                I'd love to get rid of GLX. Xlib is awful to work with. But from what I've read even if you're using XCB you have to use some xlib functions to get an OpenGL context. So how do I open a Window and get a context? And How do I access my input?

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by rich oliver View Post
                  i'd love to get rid of glx. Xlib is awful to work with. But from what i've read even if you're using xcb you have to use some xlib functions to get an opengl context. So how do i open a window and get a context? And how do i access my input?
                  sdl, glfw ...

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by Rich Oliver View Post
                    I'd love to get rid of GLX. Xlib is awful to work with. But from what I've read even if you're using XCB you have to use some xlib functions to get an OpenGL context. So how do I open a Window and get a context? And How do I access my input?
                    www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeMPCSqQ-34#t=13m24s
                    Last edited by AJenbo; 03-06-2014, 02:20 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by Rich Oliver View Post
                      I'd love to get rid of GLX. Xlib is awful to work with. But from what I've read even if you're using XCB you have to use some xlib functions to get an OpenGL context. So how do I open a Window and get a context? And How do I access my input?
                      You really should be using SDL2 to abstract away all that crap. Then you don't have to worry about glx, egl, or even wgl on windows.

                      I believe calling glx directly will only give you the stuff that it can send over X across the wire remotely (in an indirect context), which is extremely difficult with a lot of the newer GL functionality, so they haven't bothered even trying to support all that stuff directly.
                      Last edited by smitty3268; 03-09-2014, 04:27 PM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X