No announcement yet.

AMD Press Talks Up Major Open-Source Linux Driver Features

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    I'm using SLACKWARE or LINUX MINT (in a long long time ago i used OpenSUSE but at that time was a PITA to use codecs, i might try it again)...i guess my path with SLACKWARE is to compile everything from for Linux Mint, would Ubuntu's Oibaf PPA will work with it ?
    If not i guess will need also to compile everything...
    Compiling is a bit of time to set up but you can easily make Slackbuilds from the existing ones to get what's needed.
    For Slackware, you'll need :

The most recent kernel for
    git libdrm : git clone git://
    git glamor : git clone git://
    git mesa : git clone git://
    git mesa-glu : git clone git://
    (optional) git mesa-demos : git clone git://
    git xf86-video-ati : git clone git://

You'll also need to recompile the latest llvm to add shared libraries to the build, as they're currently missing from the official Slackware package. That means downloading all the files from a FTP mirror, like this one (I use slackware64-current) :

and add "--enable-shared" to the configure options.
    In a recent enough system, all this takes less than an hour.
    I've written my Slackbuilds from all this and a master script that runs the "git pulls" and then starts the Slackbuilds so it's fully automatic.

Thx again for all detailed info !
      I'm sure that not only will help me but also will help others that wanted some guide lines about how to do it in some specific distros...

Hello all as this is my first post here
        Ad meritum: it would be nice to have somwhere sticked thread with all this info about where to get best drivers
        Do you know some nice repository for fedora 20 with mesa 10.1 ?
        BTW. Before using fedora I was convinced it is cutrting-edge distro, but now I'm stucked with mesa 9.2.5 wondering why ;/