Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenGL 3.3 Support Lands For RadeonSI Gallium3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OpenGL 3.3 Support Lands For RadeonSI Gallium3D

    Phoronix: OpenGL 3.3 Support Lands For RadeonSI Gallium3D

    A few days ago we talked about OpenGL 3.3 support coming to the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver in the form of mailing list patches, but as of a few hours ago the work has been mainlined inside Mesa. The next Mesa release will feature OpenGL 3.3 RadeonSI support!..

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU4NjI

  • #2
    Originally posted by phoronix
    While this newer Radeon Gallium3D driver now supports OpenGL 3.3, the R600g driver still only supports OpenGL 3.1 but there's a Git branch of Mesa working towards GL 3.3 compliance on this driver that supports the Radeon HD 3000 through Radeon HD 6000 series GPUs.
    Originally posted by airlied View Post
    Its not really a backporting type of situation the hw is quite different, and the compiler is as well.

    Vadim started working on it and I've been fixing bugs in that code for a while, but its maybe something i can play with for about 3-4 hrs a week, so unless someone else picks it up I'd expect it when I get to it :-), its also evergreen and newer only so far, and requires R600_DEBUG=nosb to run anything.

    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied...0-geom-shaders
    Is it going to be 5000+ only? Can we expect support for 2/3/4K series too?

    Comment


    • #3
      I wonder why nobody has asked for subroutine uniforms yet, they seem incredibly useful to me.. hopefully they will be implemented before tessellation shaders.

      Comment


      • #4
        Great!

        Maybe someone wants to update RadeonFeature? It still claims OpenGL 2.1 for RadeonSI.

        Comment


        • #5
          By the way, it seems that LLVM >=3.5 is required to have all these latest bells and whitles.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
            By the way, it seems that LLVM >=3.5 is required to have all these latest bells and whitles.
            I'd to say it's not a good idea to put radeon's backend to the upstream llvm. Now we need to wait for an year instead of 3-6 months to get the latest shader backend released.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
              I'd to say it's not a good idea to put radeon's backend to the upstream llvm. Now we need to wait for an year instead of 3-6 months to get the latest shader backend released.
              I thought that LLVM was going to attempt both point releases (so 3.4.1 and such), and I'd like to dream of a hopefully slightly faster release schedule.

              That being said, you can have it today if you build from source:

              Code:
              OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
              OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN
              OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-50762f4)
              OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
                I'd to say it's not a good idea to put radeon's backend to the upstream llvm. Now we need to wait for an year instead of 3-6 months to get the latest shader backend released.
                For opensuse i build and share llvm-svn\mesa-git.rpm every 2-3 days, and all opensuse users can enjoy OGL 3.3 just now. Or all users can download my livecd for opengl 3.3 tests.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                  For opensuse i build and share llvm-svn\mesa-git.rpm every 2-3 days, and all opensuse users can enjoy OGL 3.3 just now. Or all users can download my livecd for opengl 3.3 tests.
                  I've been meaning to ask this on SUSE's forum, but is there a guide or something as to how I could get set-up to use your repo for the latest graphics stuff?

                  I currently use Ubuntu along with oibaf's PPA and just download a kernel from the mainline PPA. I'd love to have a similar kind of setup available on openSUSE.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
                    I've been meaning to ask this on SUSE's forum, but is there a guide or something as to how I could get set-up to use your repo for the latest graphics stuff?

                    I currently use Ubuntu along with oibaf's PPA and just download a kernel from the mainline PPA. I'd love to have a similar kind of setup available on openSUSE.
                    for mesa,xorg,etc
                    Code:
                    zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pontostroy:/X11/openSUSE_13.1/  pont_x11
                    zypper ref
                    zypper dup --from pont_x11
                    kernel
                    Code:
                    zypper ar  http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pontostroy:/drm-next/openSUSE_13.1/ kern
                    zypper ref
                    zypper up

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X