Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Setup Radeon DPM On Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    OK thanks for the info. I'll just have to stick to Catalyst then and use AMDoverdriveCtrl for voltage control.

    Comment


    • #32
      monitoring

      How does one measure the temperatures and performance level of their radeon gpu? I can easily compile my own 3.11 kernel. Firmware? No problem. I've just never cared to bother finding out how to monitor the status with a Radeon before..

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by hiryu View Post
        How does one measure the temperatures and performance level of their radeon gpu? I can easily compile my own 3.11 kernel. Firmware? No problem. I've just never cared to bother finding out how to monitor the status with a Radeon before..
        See my blog post for more info:
        http://www.botchco.com/agd5f/?p=57

        Comment


        • #34
          Thank you for saving me the 5 minutes of googling.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by hiryu View Post
            How does one measure the temperatures and performance level of their radeon gpu? I can easily compile my own 3.11 kernel. Firmware? No problem. I've just never cared to bother finding out how to monitor the status with a Radeon before..
            As for the temperatures, they should be accessible via lm_sensors.

            Comment


            • #36
              OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA


              what firmware I need for this apu?( amd a8 5600k).

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA


                what firmware I need for this apu?( amd a8 5600k).
                You don't need any new ucode for power management on that chip, but you still need the ucode for the CP, RLC, and UVD.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I see the R600 is getting some fixes.
                  I'll go up on IRC and compile my kernel with the possible patches / give feedback.
                  Would be great if I could use my laptop with Linux.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I get a totally unstable system when booting on 3.11 rc3.

                    Seconds after complete booting, system hangs but my mouse is still alive.
                    When choosing 3.10.3 and doing the same thing it works fine.

                    AMD Athlon II x4 630
                    ATI 4850


                    I did download the updated firmware RV770_smc.bin from http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/radeon_ucode/

                    Now on /lib/firmware/radeon i have 3 firmware files for my card:

                    RV770_me.bin
                    RV770_pfp.bin
                    RV770_smc.bin

                    On the link theres only the _smc.bin file, so maybe i only need .smc and not the .me and .pfp?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Calrification about Sea Islands/RHD 8000

                      So let me get this straight, DPM isn't for Sea Islands/RHD 8000 yet?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
                        So let me get this straight, DPM isn't for Sea Islands/RHD 8000 yet?
                        I did notice some improvements (around 15-25% longer battery life), and I *think* mine (Aruba + Tahiti? glxinfo informs Aruba but the kernel asked me for Tahiti firmware on boot, too) is Sea Islands.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
                          I did notice some improvements (around 15-25% longer battery life), and I *think* mine (Aruba + Tahiti? glxinfo informs Aruba but the kernel asked me for Tahiti firmware on boot, too) is Sea Islands.
                          That's promising. I'm specifically looking for support with the Mars XT chipset (Radeon 8770M) as that's the card in the laptop I just bought. By the way, does the kernel/mesa even support the 8000M (Solar System) series yet?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Aren't the laptop 8k series all 7k rebrands?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
                              That's promising. I'm specifically looking for support with the Mars XT chipset (Radeon 8770M) as that's the card in the laptop I just bought. By the way, does the kernel/mesa even support the 8000M (Solar System) series yet?
                              The HD 8000Ms are rebrands... and it sounds like your card is actually an HD 6000M.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by blinxwang View Post
                                So let me get this straight, DPM isn't for Sea Islands/RHD 8000 yet?
                                Not yet. The code wasn't ready when we released the initial Sea Islands support. I've since gotten it working and it should show up in the next kernel.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X