Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Has Massive Radeon Patch Set - Power Management!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OK, compiling on a pure 32 bit OS dropped out with the same error:
    Code:
    Setup is 16716 bytes (padded to 16896 bytes).
    System is 6122 kB
    CRC 4c63368a
    Kernel: arch/x86/boot/bzImage is ready  (#2)
    ERROR: "__udivdi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko] undefined!
    ERROR: "__divdi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko] undefined!
    make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
    make: *** [modules] Error 2
    So where do I report this bug?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
      OK, compiling on a pure 32 bit OS dropped out with the same error:
      Code:
      Setup is 16716 bytes (padded to 16896 bytes).
      System is 6122 kB
      CRC 4c63368a
      Kernel: arch/x86/boot/bzImage is ready  (#2)
      ERROR: "__udivdi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko] undefined!
      ERROR: "__divdi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko] undefined!
      make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
      make: *** [modules] Error 2
      So where do I report this bug?
      I think that should be fixed in my wip-2 branch.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        If any devs are reading, does this code include all features that fglrx does? I'm wondering if we should expect it to work as well as fglrx, or if there are known shortcomings still to be addressed.
        It will probably need some tweaking for optimal performance (I've been focusing on power saving more than performance) and there will inevitably be some bugs now that's it's being tested by a wider audience.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Laughing1 View Post
          What is the "magical" switch to turn this on because it isn't on by default?
          radeon.dpm=1

          Comment


          • Originally posted by zanny View Post
            Unless you need OpenGL 4+ or openCL.
            Which isn't many people unless you are specifically targeting OpenGL 4+ or OpenCL workloads

            Comment


            • Originally posted by agd5f View Post
              radeon.dpm=1
              Why couldn't you guys reuse the old radeon.dynpm switch? (also with these patches is THAT switch blacklisted/blocked/disabled to prevent confusion?)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                I think that should be fixed in my wip-2 branch.
                It is partially, I only get one of the error messages now:
                Code:
                Setup is 16560 bytes (padded to 16896 bytes).
                System is 6101 kB
                CRC efbddc70
                Kernel: arch/x86/boot/bzImage is ready  (#5)
                ERROR: "__udivdi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko] undefined!
                make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
                make: *** [modules] Error 2

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                  It is partially, I only get one of the error messages now:
                  Code:
                  Setup is 16560 bytes (padded to 16896 bytes).
                  System is 6101 kB
                  CRC efbddc70
                  Kernel: arch/x86/boot/bzImage is ready  (#5)
                  ERROR: "__udivdi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko] undefined!
                  make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
                  make: *** [modules] Error 2
                  should be fixed in wip-3

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Calinou View Post
                    ...or not. Compared to nvidia and catalyst, radeon still lacks a GUI to configure stuff around, application profiles (I'm looking at nvidia here), overclocking, custom fan control, good 3D performance (to a point where it is funny on the HD7000s) and OpenGL 4.2 (or 4.3) support.
                    I was comparing to the open source intel driver, not the nvidia/ati closed source drivers. And yes, I would agree that there should be a gui for easily configuring the graphics settings.

                    Comment


                    • It's over, if this is true, then I'll load my E-450 netbook with Fedora 20.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X