Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon HDMI Linux Audio Might Be Restored Soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Zajec View Post
    This is on my TODO, but it's more complicated than earlier DCE and I still have sth to improve on earlier DCEs. Next month maybe.
    Sounds fantastic! Thanks for the update and I wish you all the best for your work!
    Brilliant, cheers mate!

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      I thing that's a typo

      About HDMI audio, I have it enabled on my HD4890, and it doesn't cause any issues at all.
      "MAY" not= "WILL".
      A lot of it has to do with the equipment you have attached to the HDMI. For example, the Toshiba TV I have plugged into my Radeon 4200. If I change inputs on the TV, say to my satellite box, and then back to the radeon, then I get this awesome pink/purple mode (mismatched YUV vs RGB mode). It only works properly again after a full reinitialization of the connector, either by turning the TV completely off and then back on again, or by restarting the HTPC.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
        "MAY" not= "WILL".
        A lot of it has to do with the equipment you have attached to the HDMI. For example, the Toshiba TV I have plugged into my Radeon 4200. If I change inputs on the TV, say to my satellite box, and then back to the radeon, then I get this awesome pink/purple mode (mismatched YUV vs RGB mode). It only works properly again after a full reinitialization of the connector, either by turning the TV completely off and then back on again, or by restarting the HTPC.
        Please report this! Unfortunately we (developers) don't have access to every possible hardware and we need sometimes help of users. Just use bugzilla, or even dri-devel malinglist in domain lists.freedesktop.org.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Zajec View Post
          What are the problems with passthrough? I didn't try DTS HD, but the rest seems to work fine.
          Proprietary driver will only passthrough normal DTS and Dolby digital - DTS MA and Dolby TrueHD don't work, See http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=570

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Zajec View Post
            Please report this! Unfortunately we (developers) don't have access to every possible hardware and we need sometimes help of users. Just use bugzilla, or even dri-devel malinglist in domain lists.freedesktop.org.
            Already did... YEARS ago. Got told... "turn off hdmi audio". Screw that, soundless HTPC is kinda useless.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
              Already did... YEARS ago. Got told... "turn off hdmi audio". Screw that, soundless HTPC is kinda useless.
              What about linking to that report? I probably missed that or couldn't help back then. I can try now but not without your help.

              Comment


              • #17
                Zajec,
                would these changes help with:
                https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45641
                ?
                Thanks!

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by geearf View Post
                  Zajec,
                  would these changes help with:
                  https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45641
                  ?
                  Thanks!
                  No. that bug is related to bandwidth limitations and underflow to the display controller.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    No. that bug is related to bandwidth limitations and underflow to the display controller.
                    oh ok thanks.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Zajec View Post
                      What about linking to that report? I probably missed that or couldn't help back then. I can try now but not without your help.
                      I tell you what... I'm going to wait on the RS780 UVD support and run a complete upgrade on that machine, and at that point, I'll see if the problem persists. If it does, I'll be in touch with you at that time.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X