Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-Source Support For AMD "Richland" APUs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by highlandsun View Post
    So who here has a Trinity APU based laptop and does suspend/hibernate work for you? My Asus N56DP never comes back from suspend successfully, the display never turns on. (But the system is awake, you can ssh into it, etc.)

    I'm wondering if any of this new Richland support will also make Trinity behave better.
    The 3.10 kernel contains a couple of Radeon suspend/resume fixes which might help.

    Also make sure you have the latest BIOS update available at http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...pport_Download
    One of the BIOS updates listed there mentions "Fix S4 Resume fail".

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by highlandsun View Post
      So who here has a Trinity APU based laptop and does suspend/hibernate work for you? My Asus N56DP never comes back from suspend successfully, the display never turns on. (But the system is awake, you can ssh into it, etc.)

      I'm wondering if any of this new Richland support will also make Trinity behave better.
      I think you need to mess with some package, I think its called radeon-tool or something. This tool can powerup the display and must be configured to be called. I forgot how its done, but I had *same*? problem with Xi 1554 - and that solved it.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by madbiologist View Post
        The 3.10 kernel contains a couple of Radeon suspend/resume fixes which might help.

        Also make sure you have the latest BIOS update available at http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...pport_Download
        One of the BIOS updates listed there mentions "Fix S4 Resume fail".
        Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked, and I've already got BIOS 214, which is the latest on the download site.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by brosis View Post
          I think you need to mess with some package, I think its called radeon-tool or something. This tool can powerup the display and must be configured to be called. I forgot how its done, but I had *same*? problem with Xi 1554 - and that solved it.
          OK, I'll search for this, thanks for the hint.

          Comment

          Working...
          X