Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marek Makes MSAA R300 Performance Optimizations

Phoronix: Marek Makes MSAA R300 Performance Optimizations

Recently there was finally MSAA support added to the R300 Gallium3D driver. While multi-sample anti-aliasing finally made it to this open-source GPU driver that supports the old ATI R300 through R500 GPUs, benchmarks I did last week showed the R300 MSAA performance was a mess. Fortunately, Marek Ol??k has made some significant performance optimizations to the R300g MSAA support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Nice job marek (and thank you), as always. Is it still weird seeing your name in headlines? haha
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        Is it still weird seeing your name in headlines? haha
        No, not at all. I'm actually enjoying this.

Comment

Oh cool. Hope this means you'll like the attention enough to keep up the amazing work. You've been doing amazing work. I'm no guru, but I looked at the code and it's pretty nice. It's very readable even though it's quite a bit beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            Oh cool. Hope this means you'll like the attention enough to keep up the amazing work. You've been doing amazing work. I'm no guru, but I looked at the code and it's pretty nice. It's very readable even though it's quite a bit beyond me.
            Seconded. I hope you know how much your work & time is appreciated Marek!
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
              And you've got good right to do so.
              Even though I never use antialiasing (actually, since I like pixels and since it always made things look unsharp and blurred so I thought I needed some glasses) I really appreciate this work. Especially that there is care also for elderly chips.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                Marek, where do I send you booze and women of loose morals?

Comment

Thanks Marek, you're the best. Keep up the good work

Show this man some love, he deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                  X