Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R600 Gallium3D Getting Close On OpenGL 3.3 Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by rrohbeck View Post
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Driver "ati"
    It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".

    Your Xorg.0.log says
    Code:
    [  1169.313] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
    so your Device section with the "ati" driver is probably not used.


    Edit:
    Code:
    --with-dri-drivers=radeon
    Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
    Last edited by ChrisXY; 01-21-2013, 08:01 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
      It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".

      Your Xorg.0.log says
      Code:
      [  1169.313] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
      so your Device section with the "ati" driver is probably not used.


      Edit:
      Code:
      --with-dri-drivers=radeon
      Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
      Changing the DDX name to "radeon" or "radeonsi" didn't make a difference. Neither did adding swrast to --with-dri-drivers.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        Is it actually getting picked up by the xserver however? Previously it was not. Can you post your xorg log? It would be easier to track all of this if you opened a bug:
        https://bugs.freedesktop.org
        Done, https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59703

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
          It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".
          The DDX is really called "ati", which should load "radeon" for you.

          Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
          Edit:
          Code:
          --with-dri-drivers=radeon
          Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
          "--with-dri-drivers=radeon" builds the R100 driver. Just set empty "--with-dri-drivers=" and set "--with-gallium-drivers=" to one of r300, r600, radeonsi. I think you also need to enable EGL.
          Last edited by marek; 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by marek View Post
            The DDX is really called "ati", which should load "radeon" for you.
            Good to know. X -configure always generated "radeon" for me so I wrongly assumed it was radeon.

            Originally posted by marek View Post
            "--with-dri-drivers=radeon" builds the R100 driver. Just set empty "--with-dri-drivers=" and set "--with-gallium-drivers=" to one of r300, r600, radeonsi. I think you also need to enable EGL.
            I think I had two times a problem with mesa git with that. First for some reason the build system depended on swrast being built and much later it wouldn't compile without a dri driver. These problems get fixed but they seem to be recurring, so I guess there isn't too much ongoing testing going into specialized builds from git masterů

            Comment


            • #36
              I got it to work. See https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59703#c8.

              Comment


              • #37
                I know this thread is old, but:
                Originally posted by marek View Post
                GLSL 1.5 is mostly just a combination of the extensions mentioned in the TODO list below it and most of them are DONE.
                Any updates for this (r600g) ?
                As far as I see everything seems to be ready, geometry shaders seem to be here: http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa-dev.../msg26656.html - GLX_ARB_create_context_profile seem to be here, ...

                So what's really missing for OpenGL 3.2 on r600g atm (just some GLSL bits and if so: Which exactly) ?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                  It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".
                  Your Xorg.0.log says
                  Code:
                  [  1169.313] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
                  so your Device section with the "ati" driver is probably not used.
                  Edit:
                  Code:
                  --with-dri-drivers=radeon
                  Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
                  The driver from xorg.conf is named "radeon".
                  --with-dri-drivers="" is working.
                  I use glamor too. It has some slight rendering errors, but it seems to behave more stable than exa.
                  Here is my working mesa (the 64 bit version) build script (note that this one has all kinds of stuff including opencl support that requires libclc/llvm/clang and its built only for r600):

                  Code:
                  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig ./autogen.sh --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-debug \
                  CPPFLAGS="-m64" \
                  CXXFLAGS="-m64" \
                  --enable-64-bit --disable-32-bit \
                  --enable-texture-float \
                  --with-gallium-drivers=r600,swrast \
                  --with-dri-drivers="" \
                  --enable-vdpau \
                  --enable-egl --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2 \
                  --enable-glx-tls \
                  --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm \
                  --enable-gbm \
                  --enable-gallium-egl \
                  --enable-gallium-osmesa \
                  --with-osmesa-bits=32 \
                  --enable-gallium-llvm \
                  --enable-r600-llvm-compiler \
                  --disable-dri3 \
                  --enable-opencl \
                  --with-llvm-shared-libs \
                  --enable-shared-glapi

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                    I know this thread is old, but:

                    Any updates for this (r600g) ?
                    As far as I see everything seems to be ready, geometry shaders seem to be here: http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa-dev.../msg26656.html - GLX_ARB_create_context_profile seem to be here, ...

                    So what's really missing for OpenGL 3.2 on r600g atm (just some GLSL bits and if so: Which exactly) ?
                    Geometry shaders are all that's missing. There is some initial support for them here:
                    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vadimg/...0-geom-shaders

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                      Geometry shaders are all that's missing. There is some initial support for them here:
                      http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vadimg/...0-geom-shaders
                      Thanks for the reply, I really hope this will be finished but for now it looks like every attempt to add geometry shaders stalled at some point: The last commit at the link you gave is 3 months old, this is death since a year: https://github.com/Plombo/mesa/commi...shaders-rebase and so on...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                        Thanks for the reply, I really hope this will be finished but for now it looks like every attempt to add geometry shaders stalled at some point: The last commit at the link you gave is 3 months old, this is death since a year: https://github.com/Plombo/mesa/commi...shaders-rebase and so on...
                        The geometry shader support in that branch was mostly merged a while ago when mesa added geometry shader support.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Plombo's stuff has been already merged as far as I know.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            agd5f and marek: Thanks for all the interesting informations. Now I can see OpenGL 3.2 for r600 right around the corner.

                            Also thanks for all the hard programming work. Your guys are amazing!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Just a simple question.

                              Code:
                              $ glxinfo | grep Open
                              OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                              OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA
                              OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-e47af58)
                              OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40
                              OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
                              OpenGL core profile extensions:
                              OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-e47af58)
                              OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                              OpenGL context flags: (none)
                              OpenGL extensions:
                              I have 3.1 listed at "core profile" and 3.0 at "version string". If i run an OpenGL app, the 3.1 extensions can be used by it?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
                                I have 3.1 listed at "core profile" and 3.0 at "version string". If i run an OpenGL app, the 3.1 extensions can be used by it
                                The program has to request the correct context. For example with glut

                                With this you get OpenGL 3.1:
                                Code:
                                glutInit(&argc, argv);
                                glutInitContextVersion(3, 1);
                                glutInitContextProfile(GLUT_CORE_PROFILE);
                                int window = glutCreateWindow("foo");
                                But with the default you get the 3.0 compatibility context:
                                Code:
                                glutInit(&argc, argv);
                                window = glutCreateWindow("foo");
                                Natural Selection 2 is actually going to do it right: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/disc...omment_2161816

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X