Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I didn't run any of those games.

Comment

Well you can use RBDoom3BFG natively. Just without bink videos but it should require the same extensions. Would be a really good test. Running Rage via wine is usally no problem as well when you use binary drivers (for amd you would need 12-11 beta at least).

Comment

Originally posted by Prescience500 View Post
        I'm curious about how Southern Islands is advancing. I'm sure that there's plenty of development going on, but Phoronix has been uncharacteristically silent about it for a long time. r600 seems to be shaping up nicely though. Great work Marek and all the other devs out there working on it!
        I'm building the whole stack every few days to see if HW acceleration finally works. No it doesn't so still no rotation support

I shouldn't have gotten a HD7xxx board. I had (falsely) assumed at least fglrx would work.

Comment

Originally posted by rrohbeck View Post
          I'm building the whole stack every few days to see if HW acceleration finally works. No it doesn't so still no rotation support

I shouldn't have gotten a HD7xxx board. I had (falsely) assumed at least fglrx would work.
          Both 3D and rotation are working. You just have to use glamor and a pre-1.13 xserver at the moment until the issues with xserver 1.13 are sorted out.

Comment

I'm running an HD7950 with catalyst, and it works like a charm. (Well, apart for the "unsupported hardware logo").
            OTOH having an APU with a discreet card was a PITA to get running. Proof :
            Code:
            # fglrxinfo 
            display: :0  screen: 0
            OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
            OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
            OpenGL version string: 4.2.11986 Compatibility Profile Context
            Back on topic : Awesome! with steam coming, a working and up to date graphics stack is a must. Kudos to all involved.

Serafean

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
              Both 3D and rotation are working. You just have to use glamor and a pre-1.13 xserver at the moment until the issues with xserver 1.13 are sorted out.
              Does it work with zaphod configurations now?

Comment

I just rebuilt everything and it still doesn't work for me.
                Could somebody check what I'm doing wrong?
                xorg.conf.d: http://pastebin.com/7yzcnFtT
                Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/AepK2XDq
                build_radeonsi.sh: http://pastebin.com/HZGhh0fq

Basically what I do is (some of this may be redundant but I never checked what exactly I need):
                Download/build/install 3.8 kernel from git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux origin/drm-next branch
                Download/build/install LLVM from git://people.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm
                Download/build/install entire stack with git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/util/modular util/modular
                Download/build/install xorg-server-1.11.4 from tarball with --enable-glx-tls --enable-xorg --disable-dmx --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest --disable-xwin
                Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati with --enable-gallium-radeon --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --enable-glamor
                Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa with --with-dri-driverdir=$PREFIX/lib/dri --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --with-gallium-drivers=swrast,r300,r600,radeonsi --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-glx-tls --with-dri-drivers=radeon
                Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
                Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/glamor with --enable-glx-tls

kdmrc has
                ServerCmd=/opt/xorg/bin/X -verbose 9 -logverbose 9 -configdir /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

and I'm still getting
                [ 1169.968] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
                [ 1169.968] (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration disabled

Comment

P.S. LLVM settings are
                  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-experimental-targets=R600 --enable-optimized --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.

Comment

Looks like it's not picking up Option "AccelMethod" "glamor". I think maybe the xorg.conf.d/ snippets must be named *.conf, or it might be easier to just put it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

BTW, this sort of problem report should rather go to a relevant mailing list.

Comment

I just rebuilt everything and it still doesn't work for me.
                      Could somebody check what I'm doing wrong?
                      xorg.conf.d: http://pastebin.com/7yzcnFtT
                      Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/AepK2XDq
                      build_radeonsi.sh: http://pastebin.com/HZGhh0fq

Basically what I do is (some of this may be redundant but I never checked what exactly I need):
                      Download/build/install 3.8 kernel from git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux origin/drm-next branch
                      Download/build/install LLVM from git://people.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm
                      Download/build/install entire stack with git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/util/modular util/modular
                      Download/build/install xorg-server-1.11.4 from tarball with --enable-glx-tls --enable-xorg --disable-dmx --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest --disable-xwin
                      Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati with --enable-gallium-radeon --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --enable-glamor
                      Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa with --with-dri-driverdir=$PREFIX/lib/dri --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --with-gallium-drivers=swrast,r300,r600,radeonsi --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-glx-tls --with-dri-drivers=radeon
                      Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
                      Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/glamor with --enable-glx-tls

kdmrc has
                      ServerCmd=/opt/xorg/bin/X -verbose 9 -logverbose 9 -configdir /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

and I'm still getting
                      [ 1169.968] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled

IIRC: You need to rebuild mesa with the --enable-glx-tls and the other options BEFORE you build xf86-video-ati. When I've seen glamor guides in the past, they basically recommended MESA -> GLAMOR -> xf86-video-ati. The xf86-video-ati configure log might also be useful here.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                        IIRC: You need to rebuild mesa with the --enable-glx-tls and the other options BEFORE you build xf86-video-ati. When I've seen glamor guides in the past, they basically recommended MESA -> GLAMOR -> xf86-video-ati. The xf86-video-ati configure log might also be useful here.
                        That didn't change anything. But maybe the new fglrx will work for me, I'll try it now.

Comment

That didn't change anything. But maybe the new fglrx will work for me, I'll try it now.
                          Have you fixed your configuration so that the accelmethod option is actually picked up by the xserver?

Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"

Comment

Have you fixed your configuration so that the accelmethod option is actually picked up by the xserver?

Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                            Yes, the current Device section is
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:Section "Device"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Identifier "HD7850"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Driver "ati"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: BusID "PCI:6:0:0"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-HDMI-0" "S273HL1"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:# Option "Monitor-DVI-1" "S273HL2"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DVI-0" "Shimian"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-0" "QNIX1"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-1" "QNIX2"
                            /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:EndSection

Comment

/opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-0" "QNIX1"
                              /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-1" "QNIX2"
                              I uploaded the latest xorg.conf.d to http://pastebin.com/hFMbKNWK

Comment

Is it actually getting picked up by the xserver however? Previously it was not. Can you post your xorg log? It would be easier to track all of this if you opened a bug:
                                https://bugs.freedesktop.org

Comment

Working...
                                X