Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I didn't run any of those games.

Comment

Well you can use RBDoom3BFG natively. Just without bink videos but it should require the same extensions. Would be a really good test. Running Rage via wine is usally no problem as well when you use binary drivers (for amd you would need 12-11 beta at least).

Comment

Originally posted by rrohbeck
        I'm building the whole stack every few days to see if HW acceleration finally works. No it doesn't so still no rotation support

I shouldn't have gotten a HD7xxx board. I had (falsely) assumed at least fglrx would work.
        Both 3D and rotation are working. You just have to use glamor and a pre-1.13 xserver at the moment until the issues with xserver 1.13 are sorted out.

Comment

I'm building the whole stack every few days to see if HW acceleration finally works. No it doesn't so still no rotation support

I shouldn't have gotten a HD7xxx board. I had (falsely) assumed at least fglrx would work.
          I'm running an HD7950 with catalyst, and it works like a charm. (Well, apart for the "unsupported hardware logo").
          OTOH having an APU with a discreet card was a PITA to get running. Proof :
          Code:
          # fglrxinfo 
          display: :0  screen: 0
          OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
          OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
          OpenGL version string: 4.2.11986 Compatibility Profile Context
          Back on topic : Awesome! with steam coming, a working and up to date graphics stack is a must. Kudos to all involved.

Serafean

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
            Both 3D and rotation are working. You just have to use glamor and a pre-1.13 xserver at the moment until the issues with xserver 1.13 are sorted out.
            Does it work with zaphod configurations now?

Comment

[ 1169.968] (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration disabled
              Looks like it's not picking up Option "AccelMethod" "glamor". I think maybe the xorg.conf.d/ snippets must be named *.conf, or it might be easier to just put it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

BTW, this sort of problem report should rather go to a relevant mailing list.

Comment

I just rebuilt everything and it still doesn't work for me.
                Could somebody check what I'm doing wrong?
                xorg.conf.d: http://pastebin.com/7yzcnFtT
                Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/AepK2XDq
                build_radeonsi.sh: http://pastebin.com/HZGhh0fq

Basically what I do is (some of this may be redundant but I never checked what exactly I need):
                Download/build/install 3.8 kernel from git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux origin/drm-next branch
                Download/build/install LLVM from git://people.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/llvm
                Download/build/install entire stack with git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/util/modular util/modular
                Download/build/install xorg-server-1.11.4 from tarball with --enable-glx-tls --enable-xorg --disable-dmx --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest --disable-xwin
                Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati with --enable-gallium-radeon --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --enable-glamor
                Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa with --with-dri-driverdir=$PREFIX/lib/dri --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --with-gallium-drivers=swrast,r300,r600,radeonsi --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-glx-tls --with-dri-drivers=radeon
                Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
                Download/build/install git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/glamor with --enable-glx-tls

kdmrc has
                ServerCmd=/opt/xorg/bin/X -verbose 9 -logverbose 9 -configdir /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

and I'm still getting
                [ 1169.968] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
                [ 1169.968] (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration disabled

IIRC: You need to rebuild mesa with the --enable-glx-tls and the other options BEFORE you build xf86-video-ati. When I've seen glamor guides in the past, they basically recommended MESA -> GLAMOR -> xf86-video-ati. The xf86-video-ati configure log might also be useful here.

Comment

That didn't change anything. But maybe the new fglrx will work for me, I'll try it now.
                  Have you fixed your configuration so that the accelmethod option is actually picked up by the xserver?

Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"

Comment

Yes, the current Device section is
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:Section "Device"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Identifier "HD7850"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Driver "ati"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: BusID "PCI:6:0:0"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-HDMI-0" "S273HL1"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:# Option "Monitor-DVI-1" "S273HL2"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DVI-0" "Shimian"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-0" "QNIX1"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Option "Monitor-DisplayPort-1" "QNIX2"
                    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device:EndSection
                    Is it actually getting picked up by the xserver however? Previously it was not. Can you post your xorg log? It would be easier to track all of this if you opened a bug:
                    https://bugs.freedesktop.org

Comment

/opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Driver "ati"
                      It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".

Your Xorg.0.log says
                      Code:
                      [  1169.313] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
                      so your Device section with the "ati" driver is probably not used.

Edit:
                      Code:
                      --with-dri-drivers=radeon
                      Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
                      Last edited by ChrisXY; 01-21-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                        It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".
                        The DDX is really called "ati", which should load "radeon" for you.

Edit:
                        Code:
                        Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
                        "--with-dri-drivers=radeon" builds the R100 driver. Just set empty "--with-dri-drivers=" and set "--with-gallium-drivers=" to one of r300, r600, radeonsi. I think you also need to enable EGL.
                        Last edited by marek; 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                          The DDX is really called "ati", which should load "radeon" for you.
                          Good to know. X -configure always generated "radeon" for me so I wrongly assumed it was radeon.

"--with-dri-drivers=radeon" builds the R100 driver. Just set empty "--with-dri-drivers=" and set "--with-gallium-drivers=" to one of r300, r600, radeonsi. I think you also need to enable EGL.
                          I think I had two times a problem with mesa git with that. First for some reason the build system depended on swrast being built and much later it wouldn't compile without a dri driver. These problems get fixed but they seem to be recurring, so I guess there isn't too much ongoing testing going into specialized builds from git master…

Comment

I know this thread is old, but:
                            GLSL 1.5 is mostly just a combination of the extensions mentioned in the TODO list below it and most of them are DONE.
                            Any updates for this (r600g) ?
                            As far as I see everything seems to be ready, geometry shaders seem to be here: http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa-dev.../msg26656.html - GLX_ARB_create_context_profile seem to be here, ...

So what's really missing for OpenGL 3.2 on r600g atm (just some GLSL bits and if so: Which exactly) ?

Comment

Your Xorg.0.log says
                              Code:
                              [  1169.313] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
                              so your Device section with the "ati" driver is probably not used.
                              Edit:
                              Code:
                              The driver from xorg.conf is named "radeon".
                              --with-dri-drivers="" is working.
                              I use glamor too. It has some slight rendering errors, but it seems to behave more stable than exa.
                              Here is my working mesa (the 64 bit version) build script (note that this one has all kinds of stuff including opencl support that requires libclc/llvm/clang and its built only for r600):

Code:
                              PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig ./autogen.sh --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-debug \
                              CPPFLAGS="-m64" \
                              CXXFLAGS="-m64" \
                              --enable-64-bit --disable-32-bit \
                              --enable-texture-float \
                              --with-gallium-drivers=r600,swrast \
                              --with-dri-drivers="" \
                              --enable-vdpau \
                              --enable-egl --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2 \
                              --enable-glx-tls \
                              --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm \
                              --enable-gbm \
                              --enable-gallium-egl \
                              --enable-gallium-osmesa \
                              --with-osmesa-bits=32 \
                              --enable-gallium-llvm \
                              --enable-r600-llvm-compiler \
                              --disable-dri3 \
                              --enable-opencl \
                              --with-llvm-shared-libs \
                              --enable-shared-glapi

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                                I know this thread is old, but:

Any updates for this (r600g) ?
                                As far as I see everything seems to be ready, geometry shaders seem to be here: http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa-dev.../msg26656.html - GLX_ARB_create_context_profile seem to be here, ...

So what's really missing for OpenGL 3.2 on r600g atm (just some GLSL bits and if so: Which exactly) ?
                                Geometry shaders are all that's missing. There is some initial support for them here:
                                http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vadimg/...0-geom-shaders

Comment

Working...
                                X