Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing radeonhd on Debian/unstable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Installing radeonhd on Debian/unstable

    I followed the instruction for an Ubuntu installation, here http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=843&num=1,
    but used it to install on my Debian machine. Since I don't use sudo I removed those from the example commands after after copy-pasting them.

    However, trying to restart X fails and I cannot even go into kdm, the login manager.

    My Debian/unstable was updated/safe-upgrade some minutes before installing the radeonhd.

    Any tips on how to proceed?
    -

  • #2
    For those not using Debian/sid: it uses Xorg 7.3 / Xserver 1.4. I don't know if RadeonHD might have problems with that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      For those not using Debian/sid: it uses Xorg 7.3 / Xserver 1.4. I don't know if RadeonHD might have problems with that.
      Ok, thanks.

      Forgot to say that I have a Radeon HD 2900XT and Debian unstable x86_64.
      Last edited by sabriah; 09-18-2007, 03:38 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sabriah View Post
        Ok, thanks.

        Forgot to say that I have a Radeon HD 2900XT and Debian unstable x86_64.
        Please take this to our newly formed radeonhd mailing list at radeonhd@opensuse.org

        It might take a few days, but we'll help you out there

        Comment


        • #5
          When using debian, you might be interested in the 'official' debian packages. They just have been uploaded by David Nusinow.

          apt-get -t experimental xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd


          ( http://bgoglin.livejournal.com/13122.html )
          Last edited by robin1979; 09-19-2007, 04:41 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by robin1979 View Post
            When using debian, you might be interested in the 'official' debian packages. They just have been uploaded by David Nusinow.

            apt-get -t experimental xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd


            ( http://bgoglin.livejournal.com/13122.html )
            Unfortunately, he only had i386 binaries and no 64-bit.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sabriah View Post
              Unfortunately, he only had i386 binaries and no 64-bit.
              He informed me that they are available at

              ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/mai...ideo-radeonhd/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by libv View Post
                Please take this to our newly formed radeonhd mailing list at radeonhd@opensuse.org

                It might take a few days, but we'll help you out there
                Hi,

                I posted my replies at http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2007-09/

                The most notable was that the 64-bit version only worked in 800x600 and 640x480 at 58Hz.

                However, the "subject" line went missing so the xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log weren't together with the other mails, to which you replied. Did you miss the actual files? It is found here: http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2.../msg00117.html

                Cheers!
                Last edited by sabriah; 09-23-2007, 11:45 PM.

                Comment

                Working...
                X