Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

radeonHD available for download

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • radeonHD available for download

    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri...ideo-radeonhd/

    is now accessible to the public.

    you can download it with:
    git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd

    Code:
    $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    $ make
    # make install
    That code built on my system without error. Haven't had a chance to try it; I am in the middle of some CS homework; and will try it after.

    You'll also need install the build dependencies. (xorg-sdk definitely)

  • #2
    It doesn't look like all chipsets are supported yet. If you chipset isn't a certain one the driver throws an X error and stops the server startup.

    The Mobility X1300 isn't supported. Looking at ati_id.c there are 4 different PCI Ids for such a card; not sure which mine is. If someone knows how to get that it'd be appreciated.

    Also it mentions a mailing list; anyone know where that mailing list is and where to subscribe?

    Comment


    • #3
      it doesn't work on my mobility x1600

      I can paste Xorg.log if it helps

      Comment


      • #4
        i'll wait two weeks and try it out.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by koolmanoncampus View Post
          Also it mentions a mailing list; anyone know where that mailing list is and where to subscribe?
          radeonhd@opensuse.org
          and/or:
          http://bugs.freedesktop.org (radeonhd component)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by koolmanoncampus View Post
            It doesn't look like all chipsets are supported yet. If you chipset isn't a certain one the driver throws an X error and stops the server startup.

            The Mobility X1300 isn't supported. Looking at ati_id.c there are 4 different PCI Ids for such a card; not sure which mine is. If someone knows how to get that it'd be appreciated.

            Also it mentions a mailing list; anyone know where that mailing list is and where to subscribe?
            It is not the chipset which isn't supported, it is the card which isn't supported. We need to carry around card specific information such as the connector layout. Sadly atombios provides insufficient information.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mile View Post
              it doesn't work on my mobility x1600

              I can paste Xorg.log if it helps
              radeonhd@opensuse.org please

              There might be some delay, as many people need to see their cards supported.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                i'll wait two weeks and try it out.
                Try now, your card will only get support after someone reports it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by libv View Post
                  It is not the chipset which isn't supported, it is the card which isn't supported. We need to carry around card specific information such as the connector layout. Sadly atombios provides insufficient information.
                  K.. I misread the xlog error; sorry for the confusion.

                  I sent in my xorg log nontheless.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by libv View Post
                    It is not the chipset which isn't supported, it is the card which isn't supported. We need to carry around card specific information such as the connector layout. Sadly atombios provides insufficient information.
                    So will the RadeonHD driver actually support the R500 (520 etc) series of cards as well? It seems like only R600 support is being worked on. If it will what can a non-programmer like me to do help? I have a Mobility X1400.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wow... Nice work so far guys!

                      I added my card to the id list and got a screen up on the lvds display(the lcd connected on the vga port was garbled, but w/e).

                      I was impressed with the 2d performance. I am looking forward to seeing where this driver goes in the coming future.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by libv View Post
                        Try now, your card will only get support after someone reports it.
                        What information do we need to post? I have an Acer Ferrari 5000 and I'm currently using the avivo driver.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Try now, your card will only get support after someone reports it.
                          /me goes off to take out his x300 and put in his x1300....again.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Mailing list archives:
                            http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2007-09/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi,
                              Does these drivers support my radeon x700 mobility? I have a MSI m635 laptop. Thanks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X