Announcing radeontop, a tool for viewing the GPU usage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marek View Post
    It doesn't work on Bonaire. Everything is at 0%, only VRAM seems to be correct.
    The MMIO BAR changed on CIK parts. The relevant mapping code would need to be changed.

Comment

Ideally we'd add a debugfs interface to expose the status registers so the app wouldn't have to mmap the MMIO bar itself.

Comment

Patches welcome. Bonaire (7790/r260) is about five generations newer than my card, so I can't exactly test anything even close.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          Ideally we'd add a debugfs interface to expose the status registers so the app wouldn't have to mmap the MMIO bar itself.
          Please no. Debugfs is for *debug* things only. Monitoring like this is for all users, and needs to be available without CONFIG_DEBUG* in kernel.

Comment

/me cheers

Comment

Anyone with a Bonaire, Kaveri, or Kabini, please test latest git. I have no such hw.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Anyone with a Bonaire, Kaveri, or Kabini, please test latest git. I have no such hw.
                Hi,
                Tested on A10-7700K (Kaveri).
                Results looking good.
                Run some OpenCL samples over HSA and the tool definitely recognizes the increased load on the GPU.

First benchmark:

Second benchmark:

Comment

7790 on bus 2.
                  ./radeontop -b 2 exits
                  Code:
                  *** Error in `./radeontop': free(): invalid size: 0x00007fffc24121e0 ***
                  Aborted
                  Works correctly with line 78 of detect.c commented.

Comment

I assume latest git version?

namelist can only be invalid if scandir fails, which can only happen if you have no /dev/dri directory (or permission to read it). That's rather curious.

Please test latest git, added a check for that.

Comment

New version works perfectly, thanks!

Comment

help!!!

God job!
                        I am an openGL newbie and need your help.
                        svPerfGL (http://vis.lbl.gov/Research/svPerfGL/) is a Scientific Visualization OpenGL Graphics Benchmark using deprecated technique such as
                        display list. I altered the source. After stored the vertexes, normals and colors in VBOs, I found the FPS descend from 210 (use display list)
                        to 120 (did not use display list) with newest AMD catalyst. Here is the readeontop result:

1. display list

2,no display list

The two results are almost the same but differ in event engine and pf_rq_pending. I wonder what event engine and pf_rq_pending mean? By the way,
                        I add cf_rq_pending, pf_rq_pending, cp_coherency_busy, cp_busy all by myself, but do not know what they stand for. Can anybody give me a hand?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by amdg View Post
                          God job!
                          I am an openGL newbie and need your help.
                          svPerfGL (http://vis.lbl.gov/Research/svPerfGL/) is a Scientific Visualization OpenGL Graphics Benchmark using deprecated technique such as
                          display list. I altered the source. After stored the vertexes, normals and colors in VBOs, I found the FPS descend from 210 (use display list)
                          to 120 (did not use display list) with newest AMD catalyst. Here is the readeontop result:

1. display list
                          Code:
                          http://d.pcs.baidu.com/thumbnail/6a7405ad18e20611c00f78d80a6fd605?fid=3542278631-250528-286301998249742&time=1409101200&sign=FDTAER-DCb740ccc5511e5e8fedcff06b081203-wmlUZHwRuW%2F8eG4UVWCmEJymRtk%3D&rt=sh&expires=2h&r=620937299&sharesign=unknown&size=c710_u500&quality=100
                          2,no display list
                          Code:
                          http://d.pcs.baidu.com/thumbnail/7dd19141ca5cba4d3d0c54e44c89756d?fid=3542278631-250528-1020966106899491&time=1409101200&sign=FDTAER-DCb740ccc5511e5e8fedcff06b081203-wZDNK5O%2BkLniBgIFsiz4FjYM5h4%3D&rt=sh&expires=2h&r=211544109&sharesign=unknown&size=c710_u500&quality=100
                          The two results are almost the same but differ in event engine and pf_rq_pending. I wonder what event engine and pf_rq_pending mean? By the way,
                          I add cf_rq_pending, pf_rq_pending, cp_coherency_busy, cp_busy all by myself, but do not know what they stand for. Can anybody give me a hand?
                          Thanks!
                          I hate to tell you this, but I think you're a forum newbie. You just tried to attach images that were really just links (that expire) to a pages with the images.

Originally posted by amdg View Post
                          God job!
                          Also, what the heck? I think you meant, "Good day!"
                          Last edited by profoundWHALE; 08-27-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Has anyone tried the radeontop package from Ubuntu 14.04 ? When I install the package it doesn't work (see first image) but if I build from source it works fine. Obvious difference is that version information is "unknown" on the package install.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                              Has anyone tried the radeontop package from Ubuntu 14.04 ? When I install the package it doesn't work (see first image) but if I build from source it works fine. Obvious difference is that version information is "unknown" on the package install.

CI parts use a different BAR for MMIO. Older versions of the tool were not aware of that. I've been meaning to add a debugfs or ioctl interface to query these registers so you won't have to add as much asic specific info to the tools.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                                CI parts use a different BAR for MMIO. Older versions of the tool were not aware of that. I've been meaning to add a debugfs or ioctl interface to query these registers so you won't have to add as much asic specific info to the tools.
                                Whoops, you're right -- CI support went into radeontop just *after* 14.04 was baked. I saw the missing version info and was thinking "broken" not "old". Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                                X