avivo: Multi-monitor mode (T60p)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avivo: Multi-monitor mode (T60p)

I've tried to enable multi-monitor mode on my ThinkPad T60p using the avivo driver, but I'm kind of stuck when it comes to using RandR 1.2. Attempting to enable the VGA port while the LCD is enabled results in this:

Code:
    ~$ xrandr --output VGA --mode 1600x1200
    X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
      Major opcode of failed request:  155 (RANDR)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  21 ()
      Serial number of failed request:  16
      Current serial number in output stream:  16
    If I disable the LCD by using "--output LFP --off" first and then enable VGA, it works, but the image on the CRT is wavy. The CRT also shows the wrong synchronization rates in its on-screen display.

Does anyone know the correct way to use RandR 1.2 to enable multi-monitor mode? Thanks.
    Last edited by GerbilSoft; 23 August 2007, 01:53 AM.

Originally posted by GerbilSoft View Post
    I've tried to enable multi-monitor mode on my ThinkPad T60p using the avivo driver, but I'm kind of stuck when it comes to using RandR 1.2. Attempting to enable the VGA port while the LCD is enabled results in this:

Code:
    ~$ xrandr --output VGA --mode 1600x1200
    X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
      Major opcode of failed request:  155 (RANDR)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  21 ()
      Serial number of failed request:  16
      Current serial number in output stream:  16
    If I disable the LCD by using "--output LFP --off" first and then enable VGA, it works, but the image on the CRT is wavy. The CRT also shows the wrong synchronization rates in its on-screen display.

Does anyone know the correct way to use RandR 1.2 to enable multi-monitor mode? Thanks.
    I have got only one monitor so i don't test that much randr so it might be broke. Does this work if you ask for a smaller mode, say a smaller mode than your lfp ?

Comment

Attempting to set a smaller resolution seems to cause a blank screen on both LFP and VGA, but X is still responding (e.g. I can type "beep" and press Enter, and the system will beep). Changing it back to LFP using "xrandr --output VGA --off --output LFP auto" results in a full X hang, though pressing the Power button does invoke the ACPI shutdown handler and it shuts down normally.

Comment

Working...
      X