Open-Source R500 Driver Can Compete With Legacy Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    You mean like this: http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=17429 ?

Dude, you disappoint me. Very much. I asked you to humor me, and instead all I get is this one lame thing.

Also, if you go check my posting history here, you'll see I'm on no way the "pro-AMD brigade".
    I never said you were, but now I am beginning to wonder. You are insisting I trawl thru your posts, but are not willing to trawl thru mine.

As for your being disappointed, I care not in the slightest. You mean exactly nothing to me, and the only reason I replied to you is because you replied to me with your supercilious, insulting nonsense.

I said years ago that the radeon effort was a poisoned chalice and that the main players were holding the project back, rather than progressing it. There have been scant few releases, and it is difficult to conclude anything other than that Michael has been protecting the guilty, up to and including a NASTY back-stabbing campaign that seems to encompass complete strangers.

If you can justify in any way, shape or form the death threats, then please do so. But don't start asking me to believe in the cookie fairy, a flat earth, squaring the circle or a decent radeon project.

Comment

Now the humor begins. Thank you!

Originally posted by gordboy View Post
      You are insisting I trawl thru your posts, but are not willing to trawl thru mine.
      I never "insisted" anything. But a successful troll needs to know who he's up against. Otherwise his trolling will be weak.

As for your being disappointed, I care not in the slightest. You mean exactly nothing to me
      And you think anyone here cares about _you_ and your conspiracy theories? Q is the "conspiracy leader", and he's much, much more sophisticated than you are. You're gonna have to considerably up your game.

and the only reason I replied to you is because you replied to me with your supercilious, insulting nonsense.
      Yeah, *I* was the one with supercilious, insulting nonsense, sure. Not you with your "clowns" who are "bury their heads in the sand", "pro-AMD brigade", "Phoronix is engaging in fraud" supercilious insulting nonsense. No siree, you're an angel.

I said years ago that the radeon effort was a poisoned chalice and that the main players were holding the project back, rather than progressing it. There have been scant few releases, and it is difficult to conclude anything other than that Michael has been protecting the guilty, up to and including a NASTY back-stabbing campaign that seems to encompass complete strangers.
      And here we come to the meat of the thing. Where's the backup for these claims? Come on, show some effort. Making claims is easy. Providing some substance, that's where it's at. And that's where Q beats you completely. Learn from him.

If you can justify in any way, shape or form the death threats
      Now we're at death threats? Holy shit, this is gold.

But don't start asking me to believe in the cookie fairy, a flat earth, squaring the circle or a decent radeon project.
      Please point out where exactly have I asked you to believe in those things. See what I mean with "you have to know who you're up against"? If you don't do that, you write crazy stuff like this. If you were better prepared, you might have the chance to reach the sophistication of Q. But only if you prepare properly. Because this, like I said, is disappointing.

Another Gordboy post with supercilious, insulting nonsense in 3... 2... 1...

PS. Apologies to others for derailing this thread.
      But a) I just had to , b) it's not like this the first thread at Phoronix that got derailed with crap and c) this thread is pretty much over anyway - the radeon driver works great for old cards, which is awesome for those who own such cards, the end
      Last edited by Gusar; 09 June 2012, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Yet More Displacement Activity

Gusar

Give it a rest. Either refute my points or desist from digging yourself into a hole.

You do not speak for anyone except yourself, and nobody ASKED you to stick your oar in these waters. And presuming to "close" the thread because you are done with it, and your analysis is definitive. Priceless.

Now about the death threat issue : do you condone those actions, or not ? And do you condone Michael's refusal to take any action ?

If you cannot or will not answer that, then you have no business being here. Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

Give it a rest. Either refute my points or desist from digging yourself into a hole.
          You mean like I already did by providing a link that shows significant improvements in the 3.5 kernel? How about another link, showing the DDX got solid picture acceleration (everyone using a distro that ships cairo-1.12 will be extremely happy for that) - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTExNTc

Now it's your turn. Some links, please. Though I predict you won't to that. Which means, if there's anyone digging themselves into a hole, it's 100% you. But thanks for *again* projecting onto me what holds true for you. It's another classic

And presuming to "close" the thread because you are done with it, and your analysis is definitive. Priceless.
          Holy shiznit, that is some awesome stuff here! Where exactly did I "close" this thread? I was justifying (and apologizing for) my derailment of the thread. Your skill of making crazy conclusions is... crazy.

Now about the death threat issue : do you condone those actions, or not ? And do you condone Michael's refusal to take any action ?
          What refusal of what action? Provide something with actual substance, then a response will be possible. But all you're providing is vague, generic conspiracy theories with no substance whatsoever. It's up to you. I can only repeat - learn from Q.
          Last edited by Gusar; 09 June 2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I'd say this is pretty representative

Before this gets way out of control, perhaps it would be fitting to ruminate on the following post and Michael's point-blank refusal to ban duby229 at that time.

In fact the whole thread is illuminating, because it clearly shows that even in 2008 things were not exactly rosy in the radeon garden. Which is exactly what my recent point was about.

And in case anyone missed the point, under the barrage of chaff :

The radeon driver is a complete and utter disgrace, and is going backwards, not forwards. The recent "improvements" are way too late. I correctly predicted years ago that the radeon driver would never catch up with the hardware releases. And the fault for that clearly lies with the "devs".

Comment

Before this gets way out of control, perhaps it would be fitting to ruminate on the following post and Michael's point-blank refusal to ban duby229 at that time.

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...416#post117416
              WTF does that post have to do with your conspiracy theories regarding radeon? You were trolling and got trolled back, it's that simple.

Oh, is this an example of the supposed lack of action on Michael's part? He actually closed the thread, that's rare. And after a barrage of colorful words from you towards others, you take issue that someone returned in kind? Another classic - you can dish out, but you can't take it when you get served the same.

In fact the whole thread is illuminating
              I disagree, it's not very illuminating. All it contains is lots of colorful words and other assorted BS coming from you, extending the conspiracy theories beyond AMD and onto RedHat. Still nothing of substance though. Try harder. At least you provided a link, that's something.

And I must say, I admire bridgman. Not matter how much BS gets flung his way, he still continues to calmly explain stuff.

is going backwards, not forwards. The recent "improvements" are way too late.
              So the driver is going backwards by... improving things? Awesome logic!
              Last edited by Gusar; 09 June 2012, 09:42 AM.

Comment

gordboy, stop arguing in this thread and derailing it off topic else you will be the one banned as this is far from the first time you've caused problems with others.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Just kick him/them.

It's stupid to have this level of noise in the forum when adults are actually trying to discuss things and impart information. There is no reason why people like Bridgman should be made to tolerate this level of abuse.

Let them create their own forums and blogs were they can bitch to one another and pretend to be victimized by AMD/ATI.

Comment

I said years ago that the radeon effort was a poisoned chalice and that the main players were holding the project back, rather than progressing it.
                    If that is true, why wasn't there a fork that shows your purported progress?

Comment

Shoot the messenger

Michael, I already asked you to remove my username permanently.

So go ahead and ban me. Like I care about your fantasy world.

You are a prime example of someone who simply does not realise that they are a bit of a joke. A fucking clown who is regarded as a joke all over the linux world. A paid bully.

Comment

Working...
                      X