Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Evergreen Compute Support Lands Mainline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bug! View Post
    Actually I got another question... when will the free Radeon Drivers be usable with Wine?
    The last time I tried, I couldn't get 3D Acceleration working through wine, at least that's what DXDiag told me.
    i use wine for gaming on a daily basis for games like HON (directX renderer not openGL)
    other high complex 3D games like ARMA2 also run with the radeon driver but wine can not handle the mouse and keyboard input.

    in other words its your configuration.

    try to use wine tricks and install the directX dll's also try to use a radeon version with s3tc support and install the s3tc lib also try to use a radeon version with patented stuff enabled like the floading point graphic.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by tstellar View Post
      You need to run those programs as root if X is running.
      .
      It works (almost).
      Code:
      /home/downloads/git/opencl-example/hello_world 
      There are 1 platforms.
      There are 1 GPU devices.
      clCreateContext() succeeded.
      clCreateCommandQueue() succeeded.
      clCreateProgramWithSource() suceeded.
      clBuildProgram() suceeded.
      clCreateKernel() suceeded.
      clCreateBuffer() succeeded.
      clSetKernelArg() succeeded.
      radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
      clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() suceeded.
      clEnqueueReadBuffer() suceeded.
      pi = 0.000000
      Code:
      [  424.341250] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_surface_check_linear_aligned:209 cb pitch 8 invalid must be aligned with 128
      [  424.341254] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_cs_track_validate_cb:422 cb[0] invalid (0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000010 0x04000134)
      [  424.341257] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_packet3_check:2110 invalid cmd stream 628
      [  424.341259] [drm:radeon_cs_ib_chunk] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
        It works (almost).
        Code:
        /home/downloads/git/opencl-example/hello_world 
        There are 1 platforms.
        There are 1 GPU devices.
        clCreateContext() succeeded.
        clCreateCommandQueue() succeeded.
        clCreateProgramWithSource() suceeded.
        clBuildProgram() suceeded.
        clCreateKernel() suceeded.
        clCreateBuffer() succeeded.
        clSetKernelArg() succeeded.
        radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
        clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() suceeded.
        clEnqueueReadBuffer() suceeded.
        pi = 0.000000
        Code:
        [  424.341250] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_surface_check_linear_aligned:209 cb pitch 8 invalid must be aligned with 128
        [  424.341254] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_cs_track_validate_cb:422 cb[0] invalid (0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000010 0x04000134)
        [  424.341257] radeon 0000:01:00.0: evergreen_packet3_check:2110 invalid cmd stream 628
        [  424.341259] [drm:radeon_cs_ib_chunk] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
        What kernel version are you using?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by tstellar View Post
          What kernel version are you using?
          Code:
          uname -a
          Linux linux-gyo1 3.4.0-5-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 25 15:45:36 UTC 2012 (64b97cd) i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
          drm-next have same problem

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
            Code:
            uname -a
            Linux linux-gyo1 3.4.0-5-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 25 15:45:36 UTC 2012 (64b97cd) i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
            drm-next have same problem
            Ok, you should file a bug at bugs.freedesktop.org. You might have better success with an older kernel, it was working on my Juniper with 3.2, and I've been using 3.1 for most of my testing.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
              I build all with this instruction, but all opencl-examples shows me
              Code:
               /home/downloads/git/opencl-example/hello_world 
              radeon: Failed to get PCI ID, error number -13
              There are 1 platforms.
              clGetDeviceIDs() failed: CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
              I use hd6770 (juniper).
              In what may be the problem?


              libclc has same warnings at build time
              Code:
              LINK utils/prepare-builtins
              LLVM-CC r600--/lib/workitem/get_global_id
              LLVM-CC r600--/lib/workitem/get_global_size.cl.bc
              LLVM-CC r600--/lib/convert.cl.bc
              ./generic/lib/convert.cl:69:19: warning: shift count >= width of type [-Wshift-count-overflow]
                return l > ((1UL<<32)-1) ? ((1UL<<32)-1) : l;
                                ^ ~~
              ./generic/lib/convert.cl:69:35: warning: shift count >= width of type [-Wshift-count-overflow]
                return l > ((1UL<<32)-1) ? ((1UL<<32)-1) : l;
                                                ^ ~~
              2 warnings generated.
              LLVM-CC r600--/lib/geometric/cross.cl.bc
              LLVM-CC r600--/lib/geometric/dot.cl.bc
              LLVM-CC r600--/lib/geometric/length.cl.bc
              The code supports EVERGREEN (radeon HD 5xxx).
              You have NORTHERN ISLANDS (radeon HD 6xxx).

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                The code supports EVERGREEN (radeon HD 5xxx).
                You have NORTHERN ISLANDS (radeon HD 6xxx).
                The code supports both evergreen and northern islands asics with the exception of cayman and trinity. Tom has preliminary code for those as well, but it hasn't been pushed yet.

                Comment

                Working...
                X