Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD R600 LLVM Back-End Called For Inclusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Wait, so Bridgman is supposed to fight American laws in a German court?

    /confused
    there is no court with the name "verfassungsgericht" in germany because this is a general word

    the german "Verfassungsgericht" is called: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesverfassungsgericht

    this means i use "general" words. not specific.

    Comment


    • #62
      '' automatic annihilation cannon ''

      http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg078_robot-sentinella

      Samsung SGR-A1

      kills all humans in 4km distance day and night without any human gunner.

      but yes bridgman prefer to be clueless its so much easier to ban me and stay in a naive world.

      Comment


      • #63
        Qaridarium & DaemonFC really are negatives to this community.

        Comment


        • #64
          Attack helicopters have had highly sensitive FLIR systems for a long time. This is in addition to other battlefield surveillance assets. Even with the latest enhancements, they are not able to read minds. The best camouflage for the insurgent remains as it was -- other people.

          I am not aware of any near term systems which will be helicopter borne with a hard kill capabillity on a SAM. Please point the way if you have an example. For example, Firestrike would impose too much of a weight penalty (power supply and cooling) to be immediately useful for rotary wing aircraft. Ballistic CIWS systems would also weight too much. Soft kill options exist, such as DIRCM systems. These will have to progressively improve with the introduction of imaging infrared guidance.

          Oh, John Connor's Tech-Com forces would make short work of your automatic turrets.

          This thread is supposed to be about OpenCL on ATI hardware by FOSS drivers, so I will ask a question about this.
          How much benefit is Ontario/Zacate predicted to be able to derive from OpenCL compute? Will they be significantly bandwidth starved? Will the scheduling of the processors be significantly different enough to make tuning difficult? Does anyone have numbers for Zacate GPU OpenCL performance under Catalyst? Will FOSS OpenCL be able to harvest a similar amount of FLOPS or will it be ~80%, similar to OpenGL?

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by GDJacobs View Post
            Attack helicopters have had highly sensitive FLIR systems for a long time. This is in addition to other battlefield surveillance assets. Even with the latest enhancements, they are not able to read minds. The best camouflage for the insurgent remains as it was -- other people.

            I am not aware of any near term systems which will be helicopter borne with a hard kill capabillity on a SAM. Please point the way if you have an example. For example, Firestrike would impose too much of a weight penalty (power supply and cooling) to be immediately useful for rotary wing aircraft. Ballistic CIWS systems would also weight too much. Soft kill options exist, such as DIRCM systems. These will have to progressively improve with the introduction of imaging infrared guidance.
            "Ballistic CIWS systems would also weight too much."

            you really don't get the point the point is the weight is ZERO because its only "Software"
            most combat helicopters already do have a "gun" and "Radar" and "night vision" and "thermal vision"
            you only need "software" to use all your sensors and your gun to shot the rocket down.
            modern helicopters do have such "Software" systems. and again the weight is "ZERO" because you need all the stuff anyway.

            "they are not able to read minds."

            you also don't get this point a nuclear weapon also do not read mind my "annihilation" Program is like a nuclear weapon you fly over enemy territory and the "Program" end all human life on the way.
            there is no need for read minds!

            and civilian deaths are just Collateral damage

            ok i hope you get the point now.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
              my "annihilation" Program is like a nuclear weapon you fly over enemy territory and the "Program" end all human life on the way.
              there is no need for read minds!

              and civilian deaths are just Collateral damage

              ok i hope you get the point now.
              So, i got an email about this reply and randomly read that part of it first.

              I'm getting a little worried about Q.

              No idea what this conversation is about, but that doesn't sound good.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                So, i got an email about this reply and randomly read that part of it first.

                I'm getting a little worried about Q.

                No idea what this conversation is about, but that doesn't sound good.
                its about modern helicopter weapon systems.
                with Software Guided weapons.
                the software can overrule the human-Gunner to defence them self against rockets.

                in fact this works!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                  "senseless ramblings about how life isn't fair"
                  STFU please just STFU

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
                    STFU please just STFU
                    ""senseless ramblings about how life isn't fair""

                    LOL this is my point ... the "others" claim you can beat a combat Helicopter with an cheap RPG rocket.

                    my point is: RPG range=1000m combat helicopter fighting range 2000-4000m and flying 5000m in the sky ! also helicopter=moving target and the RPG do not have any "guiding" because its not a stinger rocket.

                    these stupid people are just to dump to get the information that a RPG is a cheap CLOSE COMBAT anti-Vehicle weapon ! and not a ANTI-Helicopter weapon.

                    only stupid people think that Muslim "terrorists" fight in this "stupid" way.

                    and because of this the collateral murder wikileaks video show "murderers" because there was no threat to the helicopter crew.

                    only stupid people think there was a threat and the helicopter crew act in self defence.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                      these stupid people are just to dump to get the information that a RPG is a cheap CLOSE COMBAT anti-Vehicle weapon ! and not a ANTI-Helicopter weapon.

                      only stupid people think that Muslim "terrorists" fight in this "stupid" way.
                      I'm going to mostly ignore what you have written, except to say that reality has demonstrated you to be wrong. RPGs are an effective anti-helicopter weapon. They are cheap, plentiful and invulnerable to all soft-kill countermeasures. Also, a helicopter like an Apache is never going to shoot down SAM missiles (with current systems). The mounted cannon has a low ROF, muzzle velocity and limited traverse for the role of anti-RPG.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by GDJacobs View Post
                        I'm going to mostly ignore what you have written, except to say that reality has demonstrated you to be wrong. RPGs are an effective anti-helicopter weapon. They are cheap, plentiful and invulnerable to all soft-kill countermeasures. Also, a helicopter like an Apache is never going to shoot down SAM missiles (with current systems). The mounted cannon has a low ROF, muzzle velocity and limited traverse for the role of anti-RPG.
                        "RPGs are an effective anti-helicopter weapon. "

                        LOL and because of this no one buys a guided "stringer" rockets right? LOL..

                        "a helicopter like an Apache is never going to shoot down SAM missiles (with current systems)."

                        maybe my multiple argument is to complex because this part of the argument is not about "current systems"
                        it is possible to shot down a SAM with an helicopter but only for "Robotic-Helicopters" because of the reaction time the KI need to overrule the human"gunner" to shot down the SAM.

                        "The mounted cannon has a low ROF"

                        This is not a problem because the SAM do have the cannon as a target this means the vector of the rocket is straight to the gun. In this case you can shot down a SAM with a 9mm hand gun with a single bulled. M230 chain gun do have 625 rpm you really don't need more. (if the target vector is straight to the gun)
                        and the JakB-12,7 (Mi-24) do have 5000 rpm this means you can simple switch the "gun" to have a higher RPM rate.
                        but in fact this is not the problem the problem is : robotic flying with a human gunner you can never shot down a SAM.

                        in fact: modern (near future) helicopters do have a SAM hard kill system with the "mounted cannon".

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                          "RPGs are an effective anti-helicopter weapon. "

                          LOL and because of this no one buys a guided "stringer" rockets right? LOL..

                          "a helicopter like an Apache is never going to shoot down SAM missiles (with current systems)."

                          maybe my multiple argument is to complex because this part of the argument is not about "current systems"
                          it is possible to shot down a SAM with an helicopter but only for "Robotic-Helicopters" because of the reaction time the KI need to overrule the human"gunner" to shot down the SAM.

                          "The mounted cannon has a low ROF"

                          This is not a problem because the SAM do have the cannon as a target this means the vector of the rocket is straight to the gun. In this case you can shot down a SAM with a 9mm hand gun with a single bulled. M230 chain gun do have 625 rpm you really don't need more. (if the target vector is straight to the gun)
                          and the JakB-12,7 (Mi-24) do have 5000 rpm this means you can simple switch the "gun" to have a higher RPM rate.
                          but in fact this is not the problem the problem is : robotic flying with a human gunner you can never shot down a SAM.

                          in fact: modern (near future) helicopters do have a SAM hard kill system with the "mounted cannon".
                          I'm not going to argue with you, as you cherry pick and misrepresent facts. I still contend due to reasons discussed earlier that helicopter cannon, such as the GIAT 30mm, RMK-30, M230 are unsuitable for anti-missile work, except by destroying launch and sensor platforms before they engage you.

                          Now, could we please return to regularily scheduled programming.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by GDJacobs View Post
                            I'm not going to argue with you, as you cherry pick and misrepresent facts. I still contend due to reasons discussed earlier that helicopter cannon, such as the GIAT 30mm, RMK-30, M230 are unsuitable for anti-missile work, except by destroying launch and sensor platforms before they engage you.

                            Now, could we please return to regularily scheduled programming.
                            "JakB-12,7 (Mi-24) do have 5000 rpm " is also a helicopter cannon you can simply switch the "GUN" !

                            also your suggestion is complete pointless because: "helicopter cannon, such as the GIAT 30mm, RMK-30, M230 are unsuitable for anti-missile work" is not the problem you also can use that guns because the problem is the "Full-Robotic-artificial intelligence guiding-helicopter flying/gunning" and not the gun.
                            you can use a 9mm handgun for the job if its mounted in a full robotic system with a artificial intelligence guiding system.
                            its only the hit probability the JakB-12,7- 5000 rpm do have 6 time higher probability to hit the SAM.

                            but a lower probability means not ZERO probability.

                            "Now, could we please return to regularily scheduled programming."

                            Iím so sorry Bridgman start this bullshit in this threat blame bridgman! i write this in the off tropic part in my own tropic but bridgman prefer to write here.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                              ""senseless ramblings about how life isn't fair""

                              LOL this is my point ... the "others" claim you can beat a combat Helicopter with an cheap RPG rocket.

                              my point is: RPG range=1000m combat helicopter fighting range 2000-4000m and flying 5000m in the sky ! also helicopter=moving target and the RPG do not have any "guiding" because its not a stinger rocket.

                              these stupid people are just to dump to get the information that a RPG is a cheap CLOSE COMBAT anti-Vehicle weapon ! and not a ANTI-Helicopter weapon.

                              only stupid people think that Muslim "terrorists" fight in this "stupid" way.

                              and because of this the collateral murder wikileaks video show "murderers" because there was no threat to the helicopter crew.

                              only stupid people think there was a threat and the helicopter crew act in self defence.
                              They make meds for this, get some.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Please keep this topic clean, it's very hard to read like this. All off-topic stuff should go to The Official Qaridarium Topic.


                                Now on-topic. Anyone try/benchmark this yet:

                                http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...il/020907.html

                                I would love to try it, but the highest llvm version Ubuntu ships with is llvm-3.0, and this requires llvm-3.1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X