Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R600 Gallium3D Can Now Do OpenGL 3.0, GLSL 1.30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Btw, the Opera browser team has been working on OpenGL acceleration for at least two years now, but they still don't have it enabled by default. Their software renderer is still faster, more stable and consumes less resources than the hardware accelerated renderer.

    GPU acceleration is not some magic cure-all solution - especially when you have to go through something as unstable as OpenGL.

    Comment


    • #32
      Help on enabling OpenGL 3.0

      I have some problems:
      Using OpenSUSE 12.1 x86_64.
      Code:
      death@triQuad:~/Desktop>uname -a
      Linux triQuad.site 3.3.0-16-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 19 10:17:31 UTC 2012 (7e199aa) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      
      death@triQuad:~/Desktop> R600_GLSL130=1 R600_STREAMOUT=1 glxinfo | grep Open
      OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BARTS
      OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-5ac910c)
      OpenGL extensions:
      Using latest Mesa Master and compiled with:

      Code:
      ./configure --enable-gallium-g3dvl --with-gallium-drivers=r600 --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-{vdpau,xvmc} --enable-texture-float --with-dri-drivers=""
      Why I still have OpenGL 2.1?

      Comment


      • #33
        Issue is: There are old drivers on /usr/local/lib64/dri directory. Removed them and worked...

        Comment


        • #34
          You already solved your problem, but setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose is a good way to track down issues like these.

          Comment


          • #35
            I already solved with using it

            Comment


            • #36
              Regression!

              Does anyone know if there is a regression over OpenGL 3.0?
              Because latest drivers gives me OpenGL 2.1 string on glxinfo, even if I use R600_GLSL130=1 flag...
              Also cannot find anything problematic with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose but "libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/death/.drirc: No such file or directory." error message.

              OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
              OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS780
              OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-b2d6386)

              ???

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                Does anyone know if there is a regression over OpenGL 3.0?
                Because latest drivers gives me OpenGL 2.1 string on glxinfo, even if I use R600_GLSL130=1 flag...
                Also cannot find anything problematic with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose but "libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/death/.drirc: No such file or directory." error message.

                OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS780
                OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-b2d6386)

                ???
                https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=49309

                «GL3 requires MSAA which is not yet supported. GL3 was mistakenly enabled
                without it initially. Dave has a branch with initial support which will be
                merged when ready:
                http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied...og/?h=r600g-ms»
                (Alex Deucher)

                Comment


                • #38
                  Thanks for the info.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I could be wrong, but I think you also need GLX_ARB_create_context support. This was left out of X.Org Server 1.12, but will be included in X.Org Server 1.13.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                      GPU acceleration is not some magic cure-all solution - especially when you have to go through something as unstable as OpenGL.
                      0_o

                      Unstable, he says... I've found, based on my past experience with DX10 while working at AMD (yes...) that neither is particularly stable when your drivers have issues and the API allows you to do stupid things with shaders and the like (and can be done on EITHER API, mind...).

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                        Does anyone know if there is a regression over OpenGL 3.0?
                        Because latest drivers gives me OpenGL 2.1 string on glxinfo, even if I use R600_GLSL130=1 flag...
                        Also cannot find anything problematic with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose but "libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/death/.drirc: No such file or directory." error message.

                        OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                        OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS780
                        OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-b2d6386)

                        ???
                        I have the same problem

                        Code:
                        glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                        OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                        OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TURKS
                        OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 9.0.2
                        OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                        OpenGL extensions:

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Most likely you (or the distribution that packaged it) didn't build mesa with --enable-texture-float. That's required for OpenGL 3.0 and still disabled by default because of concerns over patents.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Ansla View Post
                            Most likely you (or the distribution that packaged it) didn't build mesa with --enable-texture-float. That's required for OpenGL 3.0 and still disabled by default because of concerns over patents.
                            Big THANKS

                            Code:
                            glxinfo | grep Op
                            OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TURKS
                            OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.0.2
                            OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                            OpenGL extensions:

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X