R600 Gallium3D Can Now Do OpenGL 3.0, GLSL 1.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty easy to find these: grep debug_get_bool_option *

Anyway, going to all that trouble for something that's a, likely to disappear once these features are finished and b, only of interest to a very small number of people seems like a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
      It's pretty easy to find these: grep debug_get_bool_option *

Anyway, going to all that trouble for something that's a, likely to disappear once these features are finished and b, only of interest to a very small number of people seems like a waste of time.
      Setting up the debug configuration infrastructure would be a one-time investment. Anyone who wants to write a debug option into their code afterwards would still be calling ONE function; it's just that the name of the function would be different from "debug_get_bool_option". Or maybe, heck, we could change the implementation of that function to DO exactly what I've proposed.

Then of course they'd have to write something like this:

#Enable GLSL 1.30 support on Radeon 2xxx or later
      #R600_GLSL130=1

in the mesa-debug.conf.example file, but that would take about 3 seconds of a developer's valuable time Can't have that.

Comment

There's already drirc for that.

Comment

bridgman or anyone at AMD give this kid some money (lots of them preferably)

Comment

It's working, w00t w00t!

Thanks Marek and other devs!

Comment

why use environment variable and not enable those features by default?

it is patent issue again?

Comment

Originally posted by unknown2 View Post
                why use environment variable and not enable those features by default?

it is patent issue again?
                A dev commented here earlier:

Originally posted by arlied
                The big items left are:

EXT_transform_feedback needs upstream kernel patch, and it currently locks up on all R700 class hardware.

cayman needs some more work to finish off a few integer opcodes (divide/mod).

Its got 7620/7846 on piglit on my rv635 right now, a few of the remaining issues should be solved by Jerome's tiling work.
                Even after the drivers enable GL3 by default, it will still be disabled unless you enable the patented fp texture option - that's true of all the drivers, and it should be the only patented bit required.

Comment

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                  OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS780
                  OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-f9f8ce3)
                  Yes, Still 2.1 on RS780

I also wonder that, if we could enable GPU acceleration at Firefox via layers.acceleration.force-enabled flag with full OpenGL3 support and have proper graphics??

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                    Yes, Still 2.1 on RS780

I also wonder that, if we could enable GPU acceleration at Firefox via layers.acceleration.force-enabled flag with full OpenGL3 support and have proper graphics??
                    It doesn't change anything, the OpenGL rendering in Firefox is still buggy, besides FF9 is already accelerated via XRender and I don't see any major improvements performance-wise between them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded211 View Post
                      It doesn't change anything, the OpenGL rendering in Firefox is still buggy, besides FF9 is already accelerated via XRender and I don't see any major improvements performance-wise between them both.
                      XRender and OpenGL acceleration are used differently within firefox. It would make a difference, if it worked. You're correct that it doesn't work at the moment, and that it's the firefox OpenGL implementation that's broken not the drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X