Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working on fedora 15

ok, it's working on fedora 15 with radeon.modeset=0
    still software rendering but better than no display.

was able to install fglrx 11.9 and it works quite well after that.

Comment

Video works in Oracle Unbreakable Linux if that info helps

I installed Oracle Unbreakable Linux on an HP with AMD A6-3400 and it uses Radeon HD 6520G.

I had no problems with video of a black screen.

If it helps this 2-bits I put forth.

Comment

Ubuntu 11.10 final released version also doesn't work out of the box (as in no display)

Should have written the title as "A6-3400M not working on Ubuntu with Linux 3.0 kernel".

Atleast on fedora i can use radeon.modeset=0 to get it to display something using software rendering(with llvm). Ubuntu 11.10 live version with radeon.modeset=0 boots to command line and does not proceed from there (so basically not working).

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
          Ubuntu 11.10 final released version also doesn't work out of the box (as in no display)

Should have written the title as "A6-3400M not working on Ubuntu with Linux 3.0 kernel".

Atleast on fedora i can use radeon.modeset=0 to get it to display something using software rendering(with llvm). Ubuntu 11.10 live version with radeon.modeset=0 boots to command line and does not proceed from there (so basically not working).
          Sandy, you're replying to a copy&paste spambot. That line comes from a post Bridgman did on page one.

Comment

If you see a spambot please report the post with the ! button under it.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
              If you see a spambot please report the post with the ! button under it.
              Oh, I'm reporting all spammers i stumble upon, but the powers that be on this forum has been a bit lacking lately...

Comment

A6 working with SUSE Tumbleweed

Running AMD A6-3410MX under Suse Tumbleweed kernel 3.0.7 with latest Catalyst without any problems. Only 1024 without Catalyst.

Comment

Same thread, post #5. Please go and spam a reality TV site instead.

Comment

I re-installed the ati-driver from git yesterday, and my resolution issue was solved. Though by now I run linux 3.1 also. Thanks for the great work ati-devs

Comment

Launchpad bug report

Someone filed a bug report in Launchpad, the link is here:
                      https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/825777

Comment

Working...
                      X