MSAA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSAA

Has gallium-msaa been finally merged to master? If yes, is there any reason why it hasn't still been ported to R600g?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Merge branch 'gallium-msaa'

Comment

What about R600+ hardware?
      ## VGA ##

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        What about R600+ hardware?
        Read the article.

Comment

The article was bogus (and has now been removed). The gallium-msaa branch was merged in May 2010, not yesterday as stated.

Comment

Yes but there is no R600g support in that commit...
            ## VGA ##

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              If yes, is there any reason why it hasn't still been ported to R600g?
              The gallium-msaa branch was just a little cleanup containing a few interface changes. It didn't add MSAA to any driver or state tracker. There is still a lot of work needed in both hardware drivers and the Mesa core. We are basically at the beginning.

Comment

Would it be possible to add MSAA extension using MLAA (which is almost done) as a backend?

Comment

I don't think so. MSAA is multisampling and various extensions add the possibility to read or even generate individual samples or set/get sample positions. There are no such things with MLAA.

Comment

My RV530 on r300g supports GL_ARB_multisample. So is it supported or the extension does nothing?

Comment

According to the feature matrix, MSAA is supported on r3xx hardware.

Comment

The extension ARB_multisample is supported on all drivers, but there are no visuals to make use of it. Some rather experimental and untested support has been written for r300g, but that's far from complete. MSAA is also coming to the nv50 driver.

Comment

Working...
                        X