Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Ironic: AMD Pushes Open-Source Llano APU Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post


    Qaridarium, do you believe in... time travel?
    No i Believe in compelling Causality of the Nature around us.

    Sure there are Variables but the most people do not know that they do not have a free will.

    If an compelling Causality force people to do stuff then they can not "NOT" do that stuff.

    Sure there is a different way they can do suicide to not be forced by compelling Causality.

    Comment


    • #17
      You guys haven't seen Donnie Darko?

      There are mindhacks for free will, though. Your subconcious self must decide to implement an abstraction, though. Anyone testing you will then be mindfucked, though; they expect you to fall into common behavior, but then debate on and on and one about what you are... (having experience)

      One way to do it is buffer your entire behavior. When put into correct practise, you can then manipulate social situations, provided you are analysing everything in your surrounding.

      PS: subconcious decision making has a ten second process time, so train yourself for fast response during analysing.
      Last edited by V!NCENT; 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Anxiously waiting for linux llano benches, or even more, stability tests.

        Comment


        • #19
          So was there supposed to be some big open source news piece that's not about AMD today? Or did i miss something?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Pahanilmanlintu View Post
            So was there supposed to be some big open source news piece that's not about AMD today? Or did i miss something?
            Yes you're definitely missing something. Phoronix's track record of announcing things that will never materialize :P

            Comment


            • #21
              I was hoping Michael was/is talking about PowerVR drivers... I don't see how Llano drivers can be that ironic even in that context, AMD's been good about such things lately.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Chad Page View Post
                I was hoping Michael was/is talking about PowerVR drivers... I don't see how Llano drivers can be that ironic even in that context, AMD's been good about such things lately.
                I think the reference to irony was just that (a) Qaridarium said there would be a release on Tuesday, (b) I said we didn't have anything planned, and (c) we happened to get consensus on exposing one of the things in the pipe (in this case new hardware support) on Tuesday and ended up releasing something anyways.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  I think the reference to irony was just that (a) Qaridarium said there would be a release on Tuesday, (b) I said we didn't have anything planned, and (c) we happened to get consensus on exposing one of the things in the pipe (in this case new hardware support) on Tuesday and ended up releasing something anyways.
                  Or maybe Qaridarium saying it, knowing you'd think about it, which resulting in mentioning it, making other people think about something the projectbleader said and finaly resulting in naking it happen... Casualty of nature

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Pahanilmanlintu View Post
                    So was there supposed to be some big open source news piece that's not about AMD today? Or did i miss something?
                    amd pull out the opensource stuff. but not the cloused source stuff as opensource yet.

                    there is another opensource stuff from another company in the pipe..

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      I think the reference to irony was just that (a) Qaridarium said there would be a release on Tuesday, (b) I said we didn't have anything planned, and (c) we happened to get consensus on exposing one of the things in the pipe (in this case new hardware support) on Tuesday and ended up releasing something anyways.
                      i think the ironic part is that your team do not release the firmware as open-source yet.

                      so yes you pull other stuff first thats fine really. maybe the open-source version of the firmware isn't ready yet.

                      Bridgman you should work faster ;-) we really waiting for that cool Firmware stuff.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                        Or maybe Qaridarium saying it, knowing you'd think about it, which resulting in mentioning it, making other people think about something the projectbleader said and finaly resulting in naking it happen... Casualty of nature
                        Thats a really good point but they do not release the firmware as open-source YET!!!!

                        But i'm sure they do.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                          i think the ironic part is that your team do not release the firmware as open-source yet. so yes you pull other stuff first thats fine really. maybe the open-source version of the firmware isn't ready yet. Bridgman you should work faster ;-) we really waiting for that cool Firmware stuff.
                          How is that ironic ? We have never discussed opening the microcode images and have no plans to do so. The microcode is part of the hardware design.

                          Some hardware products have microcode images built into the chips, others require microcode images to be loaded at power-up, and some (including a number of CPUs) use a combination of built-in initial code plus driver-loaded patches. None of it is open.
                          Last edited by bridgman; 06-01-2011, 05:54 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                            How is that ironic ? We have never discussed opening the microcode images and have no plans to do so. The microcode is part of the hardware design.

                            Some hardware products have microcode images built into the chips, others require microcode images to be loaded at power-up, and some (including a number of CPUs) use a combination of built-in initial code plus driver-loaded patches. None of it is open.
                            maybe i'm wrong. but I'm sure there's something where the bear is dancing.

                            I wait for the other mighty magic stuff. the time will show me your little secret dude

                            "How is that ironic ? "

                            the ironic part is: I'm wrong and fail at time-traveling you still broke my luck by dicing the cubes.

                            If its not the firmware then its the HD2900 h264 shader based decoder you opensource ATI Avivo!!!
                            Last edited by Qaridarium; 06-01-2011, 07:37 PM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X