Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SuperTuxRacer 0.7 and r300g MemoryFault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SuperTuxRacer 0.7 and r300g MemoryFault

    SuperTuxRacer 0.7(which is Irlicht based) Memory Faults on initialization when using gallium libGL.so, but it works w/o any problems using Mesa Classic libGL.
    I gues it happens due to VBO bugs in r300g, which arent avaible in classic Mesa.
    I know it works using r600g because of answers from many persons.
    I am using fresh airlied's D-R-T kernel with DDX/DRI/Mesa from Master.
    I got multilib system, but STK and 99% apps I am using are 64bit. Gfx card is FireGL V5200/Radeon X1600 inside T60p.

    There are logs, etc:
    http://carme.pld-linux.org/~evil/radeon/STK_r300g/

  • #2
    Originally posted by evil_core View Post
    SuperTuxRacer 0.7(which is Irlicht based) Memory Faults on initialization when using gallium libGL.so, but it works w/o any problems using Mesa Classic libGL.
    I gues it happens due to VBO bugs in r300g, which arent avaible in classic Mesa.
    I know it works using r600g because of answers from many persons.
    I am using fresh airlied's D-R-T kernel with DDX/DRI/Mesa from Master.
    I got multilib system, but STK and 99% apps I am using are 64bit. Gfx card is FireGL V5200/Radeon X1600 inside T60p.

    There are logs, etc:
    http://carme.pld-linux.org/~evil/radeon/STK_r300g/
    same memory fault on warzone2100:


    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?33035-warzone2100-broke-on-the-latest-D-U-11.04-2.6.38rc5-xorg-edgers


    i post about this bug 1 day ago.

    Comment


    • #3
      other games like nexuiz or world of goo work well with the r300g driver.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
        For me too, so I filed a bug on bugzilla with longer description of the bug:
        https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=34418

        Comment


        • #5
          Fixed in latest git.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            other games like nexuiz or world of goo work well with the r300g driver.
            And what it has to do with the problem? Its nice that nexuiz and World of Goo working but what is your point?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nille View Post
              And what it has to do with the problem? Its nice that nexuiz and World of Goo working but what is your point?
              there is not technicaly point. its an general overview about what is working and what is not working.

              Comment

              Working...
              X