R600 Gallium3D Driver Now Supports S3TC Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf

Did the companys who used this this patentend softwarestuff (such community destroying patents are forbidden in the eu), "software patents" or "math patents" or stuff like that, so quake4 uses this stuff, are they then even able to release it opensource which should be happen this year?

You americans should make a (small) revolution to reistate democracy, so that maybe not all people in the world hates you. Sorry If I go a bit to far, but hate such bullshit, and I come in a age where I loose patience that the world changes its direction to a good point instead to the abyss.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
      Did the companys who used this this patentend softwarestuff (such community destroying patents are forbidden in the eu), "software patents" or "math patents" or stuff like that, so quake4 uses this stuff, are they then even able to release it opensource which should be happen this year?

You americans should make a (small) revolution to reistate democracy, so that maybe not all people in the world hates you. Sorry If I go a bit to far, but hate such bullshit, and I come in a age where I loose patience that the world changes its direction to a good point instead to the abyss.
      Yeah, everybody is getting sick of the US's anti-freedom policies.

Comment

Ah the goodness hits again!
        Thanks to the devs. I hope to see USE flags and updates for libs in gentoo soon.
        I guess this decision to leave it to the user after all should be quite a good solution though having it directly inside mesa wouldn't be bad.

But maybe some day that patent issue will be cleared somehow.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
          Yeah, everybody is getting sick of the US's anti-freedom policies.
          "Anti-freedom" or "anti/pro-whatever" the US is where the money are in the computer business. Like it or not many of the big foss supporting companies are based there, make money there and have to follow the rules and stuff. And i don't believe this will change.

Comment

Cool. Another nail in the coffin of fglrx hehe R600g can almost run Bioshock now, but I guess not all formats are supported yet as it bails out with an assertion failure on PIPE_FORMAT_DXT1_SRGBA.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
              Cool. Another nail in the coffin of fglrx hehe R600g can almost run Bioshock now, but I guess not all formats are supported yet as it bails out with an assertion failure on PIPE_FORMAT_DXT1_SRGBA.
              Please fill a bug report. This should be easy to spot.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                oops was missing a few options in a case statement, master has the fixes now.

Comment

Downloading arch if it's going to be this way. Let the GCC rip i say.
                  Bye fedora.

Comment

great work XD

btw civilization 5 is almost running, now the game load perfectly and fast but miss texture
                    R16G16B16 float to render properly, ithink that is the famous float textures support stuff ?

Comment

you need also last drm-radeon-testing kernel.

It's not working 100% perfect on my rv620 for the moment (color problem or bad texture), but now i can launch enemy territory:quakewars and quake4 !

Comment

Working...
                      X