Further Testing Shows More Hope For ATI Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    I will say, the R300 performance is really damn impressive. I also really loved seeing that Catalyst got smoked in one of the benchmarks.
    Yeah, that was quite uplifting, wasn't it?

Comment

How about lightsmark? I tried to run that benchmark with latest daily kernel form ppa mainline and using the xedgers 7..11 code. I had tons of dark scenes which was no the case earlier. It is big regression and I think the performance does not matter when I just keep looking at black screen.

Can you run lightsmark with r300g?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
        Yeah, that was quite uplifting, wasn't it?
        Seeing that benchmark made my day

Comment

finally some real progress on optimizatzions. absolutely amazing work! any ETA for r600g? with r600 classic mesa still seems a lot faster than r600g though.

Comment

r600g is faster than r600c in pretty much everything here. It's not nearly as optimised as r300g, though, and a proper shader compiler is still not done.

Comment

Awesome, at this pace.
              The 300g drivers will be 'finished' at the end of this year!
              That's fantastic.

Kudos to all the developers. It was so nice to see the OSS being faster than the proprietary ones in one of the benchmarks. Hopefully, when the developers are done. This will be the case in all benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                r600g is faster than r600c in pretty much everything here. It's not nearly as optimised as r300g, though, and a proper shader compiler is still not done.
                you're probably right however the situation is different with an 4250 IGP strange thing is that the blob performance on this IGP is way worse than r600g.

Comment

Seeing is believing

Now that's why I keep saying libre drivers are always well worth all the waiting. Kudos to everyone involved. I'm using R600g from X.Org Edgers' repository and I can see some real progress there as well. Thanks for opening up, AMD - this way I'm yours forever (along with all my clients who care about more than getting their hardware to work immediately, no matter how).

Comment

if i remember well the 300g was supposed to be the trainig ground for later drivers right? so keeping that in mind the r600g will surely follow soon. i just wonder why the more powerful r600 cards produce unplayable framerate. if the driver architecture is the same, how can that be? now the tests have been made on amd processors. do the results apply for intel processors aswell?

besides. i hope these results will get the intel people to work on a gallium driver. why trying to avoid the the inevitable?

will wayland produce even higher frame rates due to simpler nature?

Comment

Corruption in 6.png / OpenArena chart:

Typo on last page:

The open-source Catalyst driver

Comment

Working...
                      X